JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I need help (no, not that kind....I mean Computer help)

I would like to know how I can get my Microsoft Photo Editor back like was included in office 2000) .... I don't like what's currently out there and It has disappeared from my windows 7 where it had been running happily just like it did ever since I started using it back in the days of XP, on every new operating system since them. Now it just vanished! I know it works on my computer because it was working for the past 2 years ...
....until it wasn't.
I still have the icon on the desk top but it suddenly stopped opening.

I see various sites with free downloads that say they have it but I'm leery of whether I can trust them not to have some virus (or worse).

If it is on Cnet then it is most likely virus free.

Otherwise my standard answer is get a Mac and dual load operation systems... which doesn't help here. (Macs standard applications are excellent).

Don't ya just love M$.
Sneaky bastiches
I am constantly watching what they are doing to my computer
Still a W/7 Ultimate user. And did not bite on the "free" upgrade to W/10

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I need help (no, not that kind....I mean Computer help)

I would like to know how I can get my Microsoft Photo Editor back like was included in office 2000) .... I don't like what's currently out there and It has disappeared from my windows 7 where it had been running happily just like it did ever since I started using it back in the days of XP, on every new operating system since them. Now it just vanished! I know it works on my computer because it was working for the past 2 years ...
....until it wasn't.
I still have the icon on the desk top but it suddenly stopped opening.

I see various sites with free downloads that say they have it but I'm leery of whether I can trust them not to have some virus (or worse).
Looks like it is being phased out.
What tasks specifically, did you use this software for ?

I am using Adobe Photoshop CC and Photo Elements CC. ( Creative Cloud) I just use the subscription versions so I stay current. They are pretty intensive programs but very versatile and it is flat out amazing what you can do with them.

I have turned a photography hobby into a small money maker selling stock photography, and am heading towards stock video shot from a drone. I had some real crap photos over the last 3 years that I was able to turn into some pretty great photos with a bit of time in Photoshop they turned out pretty good. I currently have about 60 photos for sale on several different sites and try to load about 10 pictures a week right now.

I have a Nikon D5300 that I take my photos and videos with at 24 MP. I take it everywhere with me and just shoot like crazy. I probably do over 15,000 images over the year. The nice thing is it turns every hunting fishing, camping and site seeing trip into a mileage deductible business trip.

Photoshop has allowed photos to basically be assembled from elements and photo layers combined to produce amazing images. It is not really about taking the photo anymore, but how good you are with Photoshop.

I have been taking lessons and webinars from a guy that I found on YouTube, and while getting the hang of it, still have a long ways to go.

I am using Adobe Photoshop CC and Photo Elements CC. ( Creative Cloud) I just use the subscription versions so I stay current. They are pretty intensive programs but very versatile and it is flat out amazing what you can do with them.

I have turned a photography hobby into a small money maker selling stock photography, and am heading towards stock video shot from a drone. I had some real crap photos over the last 3 years that I was able to turn into some pretty great photos with a bit of time in Photoshop they turned out pretty good. I currently have about 60 photos for sale on several different sites and try to load about 10 pictures a week right now.

I have a Nikon D5300 that I take my photos and videos with at 24 MP. I take it everywhere with me and just shoot like crazy. I probably do over 15,000 images over the year. The nice thing is it turns every hunting fishing, camping and site seeing trip into a mileage deductible business trip.

Photoshop has allowed photos to basically be assembled from elements and photo layers combined to produce amazing images. It is not really about taking the photo anymore, but how good you are with Photoshop.

I have been taking lessons and webinars from a guy that I found on YouTube, and while getting the hang of it, still have a long ways to go.

That is really cool:cool:!

THANKS for all the help guys...I really appreciate it.:)

I'm going to try some different programs... time to teach this old dog some new tricks and blow the dust out of the brain.
I'll keep ya posted..

This is one great forum!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews