JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Antivirus is the ultimate back door," Blake Darché, a former N.S.A. operator and co-founder of Area 1 Security. "It provides consistent, reliable and remote access that can be used for any purpose, from launching a destructive attack to conducting espionage on thousands or even millions of users."

Kaspersky has been caught looking for more than virus' might want to get something else.

How do you know if your security tools are safe for use?

On Sept. 13, the Department of Homeland Security ordered all federal executive branch agencies to stop using Kaspersky products, giving agencies 90 days to remove the software. Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Elaine C. Duke cited the "information security risks" presented by Kaspersky and said the company's antivirus and other software "provide broad access to files" and "can be exploited by malicious cyber actors to compromise" federal computer systems.

see also:
Which antivirus software do you use?
Malware removal??......
NEVER MIND, DUP THREAD; Virus site - AVG
Increase in detected viruses on this site ?
Spyware on my laptop?
VIRUS ALERT virusmaster2008
How Israel Caught Russian Hackers Scouring the World for U.S. Secrets

Once you go MAC, you never go back.......................

I get this, kind of. At work, it is a weird mix of Windows and Linux/Unix boxes. At home, the "primary" is a very high-end, self-built beast of a machine running Windows 7. However, for the last decade or so, my notebook has been various Macbooks. For the "it just works without hassles, virus, or assorted BS" factor, it simply can't be beat. I have it setup with Boot Camp to a Windows 7 image, but pretty much never use it on that machine any more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top