JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stumbled upon further proof that the importation of "munitions" originally manufactured in China is possible under the above described conditions:

Chinese milsurp SKS's for sale:

J&G Sales

Come on dude ya said nothing about C&R's initially, you kept repeating "no way, not possible ever, no matter where they were last or how long they've been there."

J&G's video available at that link actually specifies this batch did arrive after the ban.

Aw nice try, all bluster and ego (and a little bit of lying) from start to finish.

IMG_4706.PNG

Lying at the end? How? Everyone knows C&Rs don't follow the same regulations as other guns. Otherwise the SKS being sold would not even have a bayonet on them (cause if not C&R that can't be there).

1. You lied by saying the C&R's from China here now were already imported before the ban. The company marketing them stated flat out this isn't true.

2. If you genuinely knew the 5-year rule exemption applied only to C&R's, you would have said so when it first came up instead of pretending to have known the whole time until after I brought it up myself. You said semi auto rifles .50 cal and under are a munition, munitions from China are banned PERIOD.

3. Laws regulating C&R's and typical firearms differ in only some ways and not others, and that's something everyone actually does know. Guns that violate GCA 68 don't get to come in once they turn 50, do they?

1. I said that before I bothered watching the videos, note I did not say you were wrong after the correction. So... This isn't a lie, but list it anyways?
2. It shouldn't have to be mentioned that C&R are exceptions because that's not as obscure as "oh btw this doesn't count as part of it because it does not meet X definition." IE, how many people wonder why Chinese shotguns can be imported but MAK-90s and such can't. This is wrongfully assuming.
3. Again, C&R doesn't always follow the same regulation. Want a good example? The same SKS you just linked having a bayonet on it.

1. You stated it authoritatively as a fact, to have done this without actually knowing it to be fact, is lying.

2. Let's look at it in historic context. I said several days ago I thought there was a way to import Chinese guns despite the ban under specific circumstances, on the basis of an article written by someone in the business of importing firearms. You said not no way, not no how. I pointed out the article mentioned a specific 5 year exemption. You said no, not true, doesn't matter where you're buying from or how long it's been there it can't be done, period end of story, ATF has said no and always will. You could have said, "no, that's C&R's only" and quoted the regulations if you knew they existed. That would've shut me up instantly. Instead you literally just repeated yourself over and over: can't be done any way, any how, ever. I found the relevant regulations and conceded that the exemption applied only to C&R's and then several days later you pretended to know the entire time to save face.

3. This is exactly my point, because some rules don't apply is no reason to assume all of the same rules don't apply.

1. No, its called being wrong. Nice strawman.
2. Again, wrongful assumption. Was also under assumption that the ones in Canada are new manufacture. Just a tidbit of info Century imported a batch of C&R SKS from Albania, as far as the ones in Canada go idk. How many manufacturers in China, other than 26, keep dates?
3. It does, however, say that some things are a clear exception. Again, bayonet on something imported=Dead giveaway for a clear exception.