JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Comcast Cable, "the nation's largest cable provider," has decided it will not accept firearm and ammunition advertisers in the future.

This decision comes after Comcast has been running ads for some gun and hunting groups for decades. Comcast chose this new position after purchasing NBCUniversal, which has a long-standing ban against firearm, ammunition and firework advertisements.

This move brings Comcast in line with its competitors, Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications.

Cox already had a ban similar to the one Comcast has now instituted and Time Warner Cable announced in January that it was banning "ads showing semi-automatic weapons and guns pointed at people."

Gun control advocates praise Comcast's "brave move," while gun store owners say their profession has been unjustly singled out by Comcast.

They are entitled to run their business as they see fit, but its pretty hypocritical of them to refuse advertising from law-abiding and honest manufacturers while at the same time making millions of dollars showing movies and TV shows that glorify gun violence and criminal behavior.

Time for everyone to post about how they're going to cancel their cable services now...

What subscription? I've been without a real TV broadcast or otherwise for over 5 years now. Cut the cord, it's easy and you've got more time to spend doing useful things, like posting on internet forums. When you do tell them to stuff it, make sure they know the reason why. It does no good just to leave.

They are entitled to run their business as they see fit, but its pretty hypocritical of them to refuse advertising from law-abiding and honest manufacturers while at the same time making millions of dollars showing movies and TV shows that glorify gun violence and criminal behavior.

Exactly!

Do they not have the outdoor channel anymore? I believe thats the channel with all the hunting, self defense, rifleman shows etc.? Are they going to start advertising with women hygiene products instead of ruger, cheaper than dirt and the like? lol

The real part is they are doing the same things as other providers. Read up on time warner and at&t, It's not just Comcast. What the media does not cover is they are not running any anti- 2nd adm commercials either, cause Feinstein is running some in CA. So their position is to stay out of the political fight, which they should. How do I know? Got a dog in the fight, I work for them and I asked the question to the Sr VP on the 15th. As he said, Comcast can't will stay non bias in all political matters.

Yup, another knee jerk reaction to a blog from somebody with no idea about the inner workings of a cable/isp provider.

Freedom of speech I guess, but while you were struggling to get wikipedia to load, so you could copy and paste your research, I was streaming a movie, posting this comment, watching my dvr'd episodes of Shooting Gallery and The Best defense, on my lightning fast internet connection, all provided by the evil Empire of Comcast.

So, while you think of a witty reply to counter MY experience with the company you love to hate, refresh your page, click post quick reply, go bake a turkey, mow the lawn, and watch some paint dry. By then, your dsl connection might have had enough time to load, so you can actually post a reply......

Lets see, haven't had cable of any kind for almost a decade. Use an independent ISP for network connection.

Watch most of my programs via the internet connection.

Yeah, so apparently I boycotted these jokers a long time ago and didn't know it. :D

Yup, my lightning fast internet connection, all provided by the evil Empire of Comcast.
So, while you think of a witty reply to counter MY experience with the company you love to hate, refresh your page, click post quick reply, go bake a turkey, mow the lawn, and watch some paint dry. By then, your dsl connection might have had enough time to load, so you can actually post a reply......

Google VDSL; My bandwidth is 20/5, I could never come close to using it: 3 laptops, one server, two workstations, an xbox, PS3, three rj45 enabled TV's and 2 smartphones.
Latancy rarely gets over 47ms

Do they not have the outdoor channel anymore? I believe thats the channel with all the hunting, self defense, rifleman shows etc.? Are they going to start advertising with women hygiene products instead of ruger, cheaper than dirt and the like? lol

No, they'll switch to their Extenze and Enzyte commercials with Smilin' Bob. Nothing but class there.

Get an antenna for $100 and drop them like a hot potato. Get an Apple TV for movies from Netflix and Amazon. It'll cost you $100 a year instead of $100 per month and the selection and picture quality are better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top