JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent a Gold Cup Trophy back to Colt on the 4/24 and they received it at 9:15 am on 4/27. I had the CS0003 trigger reduction setup in it and the CS0219 Trigger pull setup in it. Between the 2 kits and the bow polish job the trigger was right at 3.25 lbs. After 30K rounds the barrel lug cracked so I sent it back. Colt still hasn't said they wont cover it because the gun was modified but I'm still waiting when their letter that came with the postage label said 7 days or sooner... It's now at 11 days and when I emailed them they said it was still being evaluated.... I will say that I sent a letter with the gun stating that there is no way the trigger upgrades could have caused the barrel to fail as seen in this picture:

Still waiting on a response from Brent Turcchi the service Manager from Colt...​
I'll let ya know what happens!

Cracked_zpsf9av2wlv.jpg

So I heard back from Colt today. New barrel, vis recut full function check and the gun runs flawless.
I was told they were shipping it back today so I should be "function" checking it this Friday at the range!!!:cool:
Brent took care of me!!!:D:D:D

Got the Colt back yesterday. Accompanying the work order was a target with a grouping of about an inch at 15 yards. I took it to the range and 7 of my 1st 8 at 10 yards were inside the 1" bull and then the 8th was an inch out - I got too excited. Moved it to 15 yards and 7 of 8 grouped about 1.5".
Love my Colt and the man that made it possible was Brent Turcchi (manager of the warranty smiths).

DSCF2012_zpsda29af58.jpg

Dang!! I reload but since I'm a range jockey and I'm out for accuracy I'm mid range in the powder charge - not even close to max. Mine just had about 30K through it.
I have never seen a split barrel like that unless there was a squib in the barrel and the trigger was pulled again.
Brownells has the Ed Brown 1911 5" match grade barrel on sale for $139.99

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top