JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent a Gold Cup Trophy back to Colt on the 4/24 and they received it at 9:15 am on 4/27. I had the CS0003 trigger reduction setup in it and the CS0219 Trigger pull setup in it. Between the 2 kits and the bow polish job the trigger was right at 3.25 lbs. After 30K rounds the barrel lug cracked so I sent it back. Colt still hasn't said they wont cover it because the gun was modified but I'm still waiting when their letter that came with the postage label said 7 days or sooner... It's now at 11 days and when I emailed them they said it was still being evaluated.... I will say that I sent a letter with the gun stating that there is no way the trigger upgrades could have caused the barrel to fail as seen in this picture:

Still waiting on a response from Brent Turcchi the service Manager from Colt...​
I'll let ya know what happens!

Cracked_zpsf9av2wlv.jpg

So I heard back from Colt today. New barrel, vis recut full function check and the gun runs flawless.
I was told they were shipping it back today so I should be "function" checking it this Friday at the range!!!:cool:
Brent took care of me!!!:D:D:D

Got the Colt back yesterday. Accompanying the work order was a target with a grouping of about an inch at 15 yards. I took it to the range and 7 of my 1st 8 at 10 yards were inside the 1" bull and then the 8th was an inch out - I got too excited. Moved it to 15 yards and 7 of 8 grouped about 1.5".
Love my Colt and the man that made it possible was Brent Turcchi (manager of the warranty smiths).

DSCF2012_zpsda29af58.jpg

Dang!! I reload but since I'm a range jockey and I'm out for accuracy I'm mid range in the powder charge - not even close to max. Mine just had about 30K through it.
I have never seen a split barrel like that unless there was a squib in the barrel and the trigger was pulled again.
Brownells has the Ed Brown 1911 5" match grade barrel on sale for $139.99

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads