JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I inherited 2 older Colt's about 10 years ago, and never really bothered to see what they were worth. Well, tale as old as time, long story short, etc, etc, I lost my job and I'm in a bit of a financial pickle.

Literally all my possession are either sold or for sale, and now it's come down to my firearm collection. I've never sold any of my guns...ever. So it's hard to think of parting with them, ya know?

My question is about the approx. value of these 2 revolvers. I've done the basic googling to see what past auctions have gone for, but due to the incredibly wide value range of these guns, I thought I'd ask ya'll.

Here's the guns (Note: I do not know the history, and can't afford the $75 authentication paper from Colt, nor do I have time to wait for it. Dates were confirmed by phone with Colt)

1.) 1959 Officer's Model Match

2.) 1950 Officer's Model Target

Both are .38 Special's, and the Model Match has a wide trigger guard on it, and what appears to be a wider hammer than normal.

Now look, I'm not trying to get a free appraisal, but I'm hoping someone who is waay more knowledgeable than me in older revolvers could find a kind place in their heart to give me a ball-park value. Heck make me an offer for all I care. I will be posting one of these and all my other pistols in the classified section later today.

Any/all information would be helpful, and please let me know if you need more info, numbers, etc.. I'm a responsible gun owner, but not a gun-expert by any means. Thank you in advance for the help!

(the picture is of the model match, I noticed there was an attachment limitation, so I will e-mail high-rez pics to anyone who can help)

Officer match 5th issue $600-700.
Target model about the same.
This is dependant on overall condition being 95% or better.

Thanks, dude. I've never rated a gun before, but wear is minimal, with the Target model being real nice, chromed hammer and trigger, it's in fantastic shape. The Model Match is almost as good. I'm thinking it's probably worth the 30 mile drive to the only gun store this side of the mountain I trust to have them give me an honest appraisal on these two. Do you think it would be worth it to throw them on Gunbroker to get to a nationwide audience?

Thanks, dude. I've never rated a gun before, but wear is minimal, with the Target model being real nice, chromed hammer and trigger, it's in fantastic shape. The Model Match is almost as good. I'm thinking it's probably worth the 30 mile drive to the only gun store this side of the mountain I trust to have them give me an honest appraisal on these two. Do you think it would be worth it to throw them on Gunbroker to get to a nationwide audience?

I would do the 30 miles but dont let them know you need money and are selling, just say it's for insurance purposes. I wouls throw them on here and outdoorstrader before going on GB with listing costs and shipping/FFL costs.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top