JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Length, width and height only tell part of the story. Circumference - that makes a gun feel blocky or comfortable. The circumference of the Beretta grip is greater and that has a large impact on "feel." The double-stack Beretta far more so.

I agree. I own both and think each is great. However, the difference in feel is substantial. Shooting/carrying each is truly different between the two. The weight/width/length stats are interesting data, because the experience of shooting each is so different. Maybe it's the genius/magic of John Moses Browning?

Just a fun fact...The Colt 1903 pocket model is the gun carried by Humphrey Bogart's characters in "The Big Sleep", "Key Largo", and "Casablanca", among others.

bogart1903.jpg

Condition zero? We'll never know.
As I understand it, Condition 1. The thumb safety blocks the hammer but not the firing pin and the inertia from the fall was enough to bounce the firing pin. My source on that is that I worked at Leupold back around 2011 and some of the people there new him. It came up a couple times in conversation

As I understand it, Condition 1. The thumb safety blocks the hammer but not the firing pin and the inertia from the fall was enough to bounce the firing pin. My source on that is that I worked at Leupold back around 2011 and some of the people there new him. It came up a couple times in conversation
Maybe back-fit a light-pin/heavy-spring inertial safety like what Springfield uses on 1911s?

After this, I shall re-rail the thread. Though job. May he rest in peace, but not one explanation so far makes sense. The circumstances: alone, found in garage, loaded gun - suggest self-inflicted. Suggest, I said. Pistols fall butt first. Thus, the firing pin, already held back by a spring, is held back even more forcefully by the impact. My guess would be either AD, condition zero and the impact knocked a "tuned" sear off the hammer notch, or despondence.

After this, I shall re-rail the thread. Though job. May he rest in peace, but not one explanation so far makes sense. The circumstances: alone, found in garage, loaded gun - suggest self-inflicted. Suggest, I said. Pistols fall butt first. Thus, the firing pin, already held back by a spring, is held back even more forcefully by the impact. My guess would be either AD, condition zero and the impact knocked a "tuned" sear off the hammer notch, or despondence.
I don't think an informed individual would attempt suicide by a .32acp to the chest. too much chance of just causing debilitating and painful injury. To the head, sure, but chest seems unlikely.to me. I have seen a few botched suicides by gunshot. Chest is not a real common target.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews