JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I have to admit, I'm a little confused by their website.
When you click "Firearms" it looks like a buy and sell page.
Did they "make" all those guns?
Weird.

They SAY they are in production. I have actually spoke with them and they can't tell me where to go to find one and the conversation is so awkward I am a little afraid that if I were to get one and need support I may not be able to get it.
There's a member of the Colt Forum that has purchased several examples, including one with his forum username as a serial number. Having said that, they are not Colt and are essentially a boutique manufacturer.

Every now and then, NIB Colt examples show up at auction but, as you might imagine, they command much more than the US Armament versions, being part of history.

I know Colt brought back the 1903 a few years ago, but I don't see them at the Colt website anymore.
When did they stop making it?
Colt ceased production in 1945, assembling the final examples from the parts remaining. They never produced a Model M (1903/1908) after that. What they did do was to grant a license to U.S. Armament to make licensed copies of the Model M. They are branded Colt and sold as copies.

Colt ceased production in 1945, assembling the final examples from the parts remaining. They never produced a Model M (1903/1908) after that. What they did do was to grant a license to U.S. Armament to make licensed copies of the Model M. They are branded Colt and sold as copies.
They were sold on Colt's website. Probably 3 or 4 years ago.
You're saying those were the US Armament guns?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and thoughts here. I have decided I am going to leave it like it is. Though I have now become fond of 32acp wish more pistols were made foe that round :)
Good choice. Here's mine. Type I, Manufactured 1905.

GunInv2016-Colt1.jpg

I think mouse guns in general are the issue who says it has to be a mouse gun. I do not think the 1903 is a pocket pistol honestly would love to have another 32acp about this size. I know I know I can hear it now, well if that size why not 380 well because I want a 32 lol.
Beretta model 81 is .32 acp and I believe its around the same size as the '03 Colt.

It's not, it is quite a bit larger but is a joy to shoot.
Do you have both guns?
Could you post their dimensions?

Went ahead and looked it up myself.
According to Wikipedia, the 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless came in 5 "types".
Type 1 had a 4" barrel and was 7" long overall.
Types 2-5 had a 3 3/4" barrel and was 6 3/4" long overall.
All "types" weighed 24 oz. and magazine capacity was rated at 7 rounds.

According to Beretta's website, The Model 81 came with a 3.8" barrel and was 6.1" overall.
The gun weighed 24.2 oz. and the magazine capacity was rated at 12 rounds.

I would assume the overall width of both guns would be a bit different, (Beretta uses a double stack mag, Colt used a single stack), but according to Beretta's page on the 81, it's listed at 1.4" wide.
US Armament lists their version of the 1903 at 1.2" at the grip (wiki didn't list a width for the gun).
So, really, not much of a difference at all (although enough that one might notice it in a side-by-side comparison)

I wonder if you're not thinking of a different gun, Vinnie.
Clearly, the model 81 and the 1903 are fairly close in size and weight....or maybe you just have a sensitive touch. :s0092:

Last Edited:
PPK is also cool. I have tried a bunch of .32s.
+1 to the PPK. It is not the smallest/lightest or by any definition "new", but they are a solid piece. Ditto to some, though certainly not all, clones. Beyond that the vz61 family, while certainly not a pocket pistol, are a lot of fun. :)

What they did do was to grant a license to U.S. Armament to make licensed copies of the Model M. They are branded Colt and sold as copies.
Dang, those US Armament pistols look splendid. :)

1908_Royal_Blue_Pistol__13551.1644866485.jpg

Do you have both guns?
Could you post their dimensions?

Went ahead and looked it up myself.
According to Wikipedia, the 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless came in 5 "types".
Type 1 had a 4" barrel and was 7" long overall.
Types 2-5 had a 3 3/4" barrel and was 6 3/4" long overall.
All "types" weighed 24 oz. and magazine capacity was rated at 7 rounds.

According to Beretta's website, The Model 81 came with a 3.8" barrel and was 6.1" overall.
The gun weighed 24.2 oz. and the magazine capacity was rated at 12 rounds.

I would assume the overall width of both guns would be a bit different, (Beretta uses a double stack mag, Colt used a single stack), but according to Beretta's page on the 81, it's listed at 1.4" wide.
US Armament lists their version of the 1903 at 1.2" at the grip (wiki didn't list a width for the gun).
So, really, not much of a difference at all (although enough that one might notice it in a side-by-side comparison)

I wonder if you're not thinking of a different gun, Vinnie.
Clearly, the model 81 and the 1903 are fairly close in size and weight....or maybe you just have a sensitive touch. :s0092:
I have both. the 1903 I have is significantly slimmer. I know .2 inches does not sound like much but the colt disappears in a pocket. The Beretta, not so much. The feel difference is drastic.

Understood and thanks for chiming in, but would you say the Beretta is "...quite a bit larger..." than the Colt?
Maybe its just semantics but the measurements I posted earlier just don't define "quite a bit larger" in my book.

Understood and thanks for chiming in, but would you say the Beretta is "...quite a bit larger..." than the Colt?
Maybe its just semantics but the measurements I posted earlier just don't define "quite a bit larger" in my book.
In ability to be concealed and feel in hand, yes. Part of it is the width of the slide

In a slim holster, an '03 (or '08) is perhaps the perfect shoulder holster gun.

Two essential requirements for a carry gun are concealability and comfort (you choose what is most important to you).
Width of the gun (even in fractions of an inch) toward those requirements means everything.

The skinny little guns ride pretty quiet and comfortable on the hip as well.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews