JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't handled it personally, but I have a similar experience with a custom railed gun, a Kimber warrior, and some recent guns from the Colt custom shop. it might help a little:

a) Shape/rail: for range use, the rail is good as it adds weight out front that dampens recoil. They feel a little smoother than a standard 1911 because of that. However, it makes a holster problematic since it really limits your options if that matters to you.

b) I have another gun with the same G10 grips. I don't like the looks of them, but they feel great and work great, a really nice blend of grippiness w/o it being too much.

c) quality: again, don't have one of those, but dad has one and I have another gun from Colt Custom Shop from the last few years. Quality is great, accuracy is excellent, reliability is great (new "dimpled" barrel greatly enhances that, Colt has been using it since 2000/2001). Triggers are excellent and have been for quite a few years now on custom and even standard production 1911s Really better than the average of any prior period - any period.

Personally I won't get one of these as I don't like railed guns now that I've had some experience with them or the Cerakote color ("baby puke yellow" I have heard some call it ;) ). But some people like/need the rail, and of course, as they say with horses, "You can't ride the color, you know." So in my limited opinion, if it strikes you and the price is good for you, then you will get a good product I certainly feel. I also collect Series '70 guns and they are my favorite. But I have to say the guns leaving the factory now are the best ever built, just not as highly polished and finished as days of old. even though '70s are my "thing," I will likely add two new CCS guns over the next year or two as funds allow, a Special Combat and a blued Gold Cup.

thanks NavyBob and Oro, all good info. I agree you don't ride color.The old phrase "chrome won't get you home" comes to mind (although it will get you laid) I don't know what it is abpt Colt and those 70s but they are pretty awesome. I giuess like collecting anything it just sort of happens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top