JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love the bling but everyone is right you should keep that Family Heirloom
You will kick yourself down the road for selling it
Thanks for sharing that Picture with all of us

Posting it in the wrong section here could be a sign that you should reconsider selling it. And if you really need the cash maybe sell it to a family member so it stays within the family?

Last Edited:
I will say that if left behind a firearm, keepsake, etc., and a family descendent ever needed to sell it to feed my grandkids or great grandkids, I would hope they would. Hopefully they would try other options first, but I would never want them to let kids go hungry, wear worn out clothes to school, etc. for the sake of preserving physical items and posterity. People matter, sentimental physical items are only important for the memories we attach to them.

I don't think OP is in that situation, but that's my feeling on the topic generally.

I will say that if left behind a firearm, keepsake, etc., and a family descendent ever needed to sell it to feed my grandkids or great grandkids, I would hope they would. Hopefully they would try other options first, but I would never want them to let kids go hungry, wear worn out clothes to school, etc. for the sake of preserving physical items and posterity. People matter, sentimental physical items are only important for the memories we attach to them.

I don't think OP is in that situation, but that's my feeling on the topic generally.
If it were truly that simple, "maybe". I actually have a relative in that exact situation. Said person owns a rare gun worth a good price and has asked about selling it. I can say with first hand knowledge that money wont save said person from the real reason they need the money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top