JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest problem and root to most of the grips about Oly is due to that they headspace their bolts to their barrels to get better accuracy rather than going by milspec. thus requiring a mated bolt to the barrel to get reliability.
That makes sense, I had an Olympic bolt in an AR..since sold:(.It had a 20" FNMI NATO barrel (which are kinda hard to find because FN didn't sell them to the public) and it was extreemly ammo picky. It liked Fed (LC) M855s which are on the hot side, and what the barrel was designed for, but wouldn't cycle win white box or anything else worth a spit. I replaced the rings with one of those Kaw Valley 1 piece rings. it did a little better, but not great. Sounds like a new bolt may be all it needed. I pretty sure it had a Colt A2 upper.. CM forge marks if I remember right. I really need to hit my cousin up about getting that gun back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top