JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Folks that do not collect, don't understand those that do.

If you're a Colt collector, (I can't afford to be), the 1908 is an important asset to a complete collection. And within the 1908 models, there are variations. A complete collection needs them all, and you're not gonna go to the corner gun store and find one.

The American Rifleman did an article on these a few years back, and valued them at $600 at that time.

So, for some of us that collect anything at all, sometimes we're guilty of paying more than an item is worth, just to get what we need. The old bird-in-the-hand thing.

Some people waste money on fancy wheels or cigarettes. That's not foolish. Some of us buy vintage guns, and somehow, that is foolish.:D

Last Edited:
Folks that do not collect, don't understand those of us that do.

If you're a Colt collector, the 1908 is an important asset to a complete collection. And within the 1908 models, there are variations. A complete collection needs them all, and you're not gonna go to the corner gun store and find one.

The American Rifleman did an article on these a few years back, and valued them at $600 at that time.

So, for some of us that collect anything at all, sometimes we're guilty of paying more than an item is worth, just to get what we need. The old bird-in-the-hand thing.

Some people waste money on fancy wheels or cigarettes. That's not foolish. Some of us buy vintage guns, and somehow, that is foolish.:D

I collect genital warts.... nobody understands me.

We need to hold a charity fun shoot. No guns over $300 allowed.

Ooh ooh, I have an entry.:s0115:
P1030051.JPG

P1030049.JPG

Last Edited:
Folks that do not collect, don't understand those of us that do.

If you're a Colt collector, the 1908 is an important asset to a complete collection. And within the 1908 models, there are variations. A complete collection needs them all, and you're not gonna go to the corner gun store and find one.

Note the brass screw on the right side of the frame here. That brass screw was there when I inherited this Colt 1903 from my mother. It's not the correct screw. The correct screw is steel. It's a 6-40x1/8" thread with specific shoulder dimensions. On the Type I Colt 1903 this screw holds the thumb safety in place. Later types don't have this screw, so an original screw is extremely rare. After searching for a few years I finally found one and did not hesitate the pay the asking price of $25.

colt32b.jpg

Note the brass screw on the right side of the frame here. That brass screw was there when I inherited this Colt 1903 from my mother. It's not the correct screw. The correct screw is steel. It's a 6-40x1/8" thread with specific shoulder dimensions. On the Type I Colt 1903 this screw holds the thumb safety in place. Later types don't have this screw, so an original screw is extremely rare. After searching for a few years I finally found one and did not hesitate the pay the asking price of $25.

View attachment 829487

I thought to going price for a good screw was at least $500?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top