JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Trooper 1953-1983
Python 1955-2005

There is no such thing as a Pre Python. The Trooper was chambered in 357 mag after the Python was already out for sale. The Trooper was less expensive to appeal to Law Enforcement and Sportsmen who wanted a 357 but who could not afford a Python.

Trooper 1953-1983
Python 1955-2005

There is no such thing as a Pre Python. The Trooper was chambered in 357 mag after the Python was already out for sale. The Trooper was less expensive to appeal to Law Enforcement and Sportsmen who wanted a 357 but who could not afford a Python.

That is incorrect, It is not a Trooper, it is a Model 357. I have one and mine was manufactured in 1954. I believe they were made from 1954 to 1955 when the python was introduced.

That is incorrect, It is not a Trooper, it is a Model 357. I have one and mine was manufactured in 1954. I believe they were made from 1954 to 1955 when the python was introduced.
The Colt Model .357 Magnum revolver was introduced in 1953 as a deluxe edition of the Trooper and brought to production in 1954.

Thanks but I have no interest in it. Spent 30 + years as a Pistolsmith. 2017 American Pistolsmiths Guild, Pistolsmith of the Year. Just trying to help clear up what you have. Good luck. I do acquire old S&W and 19th century weapons.

What he has is a Colt Three-fifty-seven.......................NOT a Colt Trooper, nor a "Deluxe edition of the Trooper".

Last Edited:
As I've explained on my classified ad the Trooper and the Colt .357 are not the same pistol. I've heard of .357 called the Pre-Python, Pre-trooper, etc... when in reality its just the Model .357, they wanted to advertise the first .357 caliber pistol so why not name it the MODEL .357. The Trooper 357 was later introduced as a budget alternative to the Model .357. The Model .357 came before the Python and was Colts premium model up until what became the Super Premium Python, and thus being caught between the "budget" trooper and "super premium" python, Colt discontinued the model 357 only having made 15,000.
JuglansRegia's link explains this VERY well. EVEN a cursory wikipedia search of the Trooper mentions the HIGHER END COUSIN THE MODEL 357 MAGNUM :rolleyes:.

There is a lot of misconception out there about these pistols when in reality the story is really pretty simple when you look back on the history of production. Even people with 30+ years of pistolsmith experience are improperly informed ;).

I just wanted to weigh in on your ad. If you get your hands on a 10mm I'm sure you'll be glad you did. I made the switch a while ago & haven't looked back. I did go w/the GP 100 3" bbl. Wiley Clapp offering. If you get one there is lots of ammo on line that won't break the bank, like 30-32 cents a rnd. but now that I burned through 500 rnds. between the ruger & 10mm carbine I'm ready to start on the next project, reloading for hunting. Good luck

I just wanted to weigh in on your ad. If you get your hands on a 10mm I'm sure you'll be glad you did. I made the switch a while ago & haven't looked back. I did go w/the GP 100 3" bbl. Wiley Clapp offering. If you get one there is lots of ammo on line that won't break the bank, like 30-32 cents a rnd. but now that I burned through 500 rnds. between the ruger & 10mm carbine I'm ready to start on the next project, reloading for hunting. Good luck

I do not have a 10mm revolver but I do have a Glock 29. It is a fun round. I'd love to get a 1911 or p220 in 10mm. I am looking to sell to raise money for a 460v though.

Bryan

I have the revolver also a hi point carbine in 10mm, the hi point is amazingly accurate w/a 4-12x40 bushnell elite 3500 (made in Japan) it's doing a 5 shot ragged hole group @ 100yds. Yea I know, hi point but I got tired of waiting for ruger to come out w/a 10mm carbine. No matter, I doubt ruger's would be any more accurate. So far 1000 rnds & zero f.t.f.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.