JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$675
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Near willamina
State
Oregon
Bought it and just don't shoot it as much as I thought I might, prefer bores .4 and up. Really good shooter. Great shape for being 58ish years old. This is said to the the Pre-Python, has the same lock work and grip frame. I have the rubber grips on it and a set of wooden Sile Target grips.

Want to trade for...? Maybe something in 10mm? What ever else you may offer that just happens to strike my fancy? 20190213_133818.jpg 20190213_133736.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
It's been a while since I was reading up on them. I think you're right in the looks department. I might be lying but I think the trooper mk1 was just in 38spl and this was the same era and colts first 357.

Bryan

Been offered a couple single action revolvers which I might consider but I'm really not a fan of the plow handle style grips. I much prefer the Bisley style.

I'd jump at a nice Sig P220 in 10mm or a nice 1911 preferably in 10mm but other cals considered. AR-10, maybe? Over and under shotguns? Really fancy 10-22 build? Rifle suitable for long range shooting or a good base to build on. Maybe a multi gun trade? I have some others I'm considering trading.

Lmk,
Bryan

There isn't a lot of these for sale so it's hard to find comps and pin a value on it. From what little I've seen I'm going to say $800 cash or trade. There are a few things for sale here I'd sure like to pick up so cash wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Thanks,
Bryan

i have a 10mm Ruger ! we could meet in forest grove and try both guns out. Then either make a trade or not ! I like my 10mm but i have to many calibers and i love the .357 !

Bought it and just don't shoot it as much as I thought I might, prefer bores .4 and up. Really good shooter. Great shape for being 58ish years old. This is said to the the Pre-Python, has the same lock work and grip frame. I have the rubber grips on it and a set of wooden Sile Target grips.

Want to trade for...? Maybe something in 10mm? What ever else you may offer that just happens to strike my fancy? View attachment 574546 View attachment 574547

That is a Trooper 357 mag, 1953-1985. Several versions....Was introduced as an economical revolver in 357 as the Python was so expensive. Lots were made and they are for sale everywhere. I don't have it in hand but you may have underpriced it.

According to that article from a Colt collector website the 357 and the Python either didn't overlap or just briefly. This was the premium revolver over the economy trooper which in this era was only available in 38. So this is the pre Python.

Bryan

Not a trooper. http://www.coltfever.com/site/mobile?url=http://www.coltfever.com/The_357_Model.html#2769
If you feel like I'm undervaluing it as a trooper them I'm really discounting it as a 357.

Bryan

PS, come get it. I'll be in Albany Friday, probably GP sometime next week.
Thanks but I have no interest in it. Spent 30 + years as a Pistolsmith. 2017 American Pistolsmiths Guild, Pistolsmith of the Year. Just trying to help clear up what you have. Good luck. I do acquire old S&W and 19th century weapons.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.