JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What a difference a few months makes! Observations

Way fewer people than in early 2013
Fewer dealers
Ammo prices are sinking fast, but still high. Saw cases of 5.56 for around $600. The same stuff Bi-Mart sells for $400. Most 22 bricks are $50 or so. These prices are about half of what they were early in 2013
Most of the dealers were sitting around with nothing to do
ARs were 1/2 to 1/3 of peak prices

I went window shopping. Looked at Ruger 22/45 and various 308

Bought a Diet Pepsi and a bore light.

I went today too. Picked up a PPK mag and bought a soda. I was happy to see the prices returning to "normal" but I think the dealers have a couple more months before they see much more of my money. Some of that is due to panic prices but mostly it's due to nothing really exciting on the tables.

When I first got there this morning around 10, I had to double check to make sure I had the right day, or it was canceled or something. A BIG near empty parking-lot greeted me.

Like boarder4life81 said, prices for AR's were 1/3 to 1/2 what they were earlier this year. Lots of stripped lowers. One even going for $99. I did spy some .223 a little lower than the $600. So all good :) I'm just hoping myself that the build kits for AR's start to show up again at good prices.

Was there around 11:00 and counted only six other people in the long isle I was in. Felt like I was all alone.

A few dealers asked if I needed ammo. I said "no thanks, not at these prices." They looked a bit shocked and then dismayed. I smiled and kept walking. Hit a rummage sale on the way home that was more exciting.

The show in Rickreall was pretty thin too. Not as many dealers there (some were probably up in Portland), and there were quite a few tables that weren't selling firearms-related items.

Prices similar, cheapest 22lr was $45 and they had sold out. Quite a few boxes for $65 on up.

The show in Rickreall was pretty thin too. Not as many dealers there (some were probably up in Portland), and there were quite a few tables that weren't selling firearms-related items.

Prices similar, cheapest 22lr was $45 and they had sold out. Quite a few boxes for $65 on up.
I was there 9:30 or so and was surprised there was so few people. Saw some bricks of Rem Thunderbolts for $30-$35 but higher quality stuff was pricier. I was hoping Keith's would be there since I've been craving a CZ 455 or maybe a trainer but nope. Grabbed a 1/2 brick of 22 mag HPs ($47.59) and left.

I won't go as long as they want to gouge for ammo prices. and when I do go back I will remember those who tried to rip me off.

I also remember the $750 glock 21 at "discount"gun store in Beaverton everytime I drive by now. I won't even step foot in that store again
trying to take someone for a ride in bad times will cost them much more in the long run.

I'm not surprised and I think gun shows will be pretty dead for a while to come. During the height of the panic dealers did like 3 years worth of business in 3 months, that means that buyers spent 3 years worth of spending cash in 3 months. Most of those buyers got what they wanted and are now out of funds and done buying. It's going to be tough times ahead for the small dealers who aren't diversified. Ammo supplies should catch up and be back to normal pretty soon. Once everybody has reached their "stockpile" comfort level then folks won't be inclined to pay inflated prices anymore. Most will just curtail or stop their shooting. I've cut way back, only been to the range a couple of times this year because I refuse to shoot up my supply when I can't replace it at a reasonable cost. I think a lot of people are doing the same.

Why bother to go and pay parking and admission, when you know there is nothing but overpriced crap? I have better things to do with my money and my time. At this point its the vendors who are ruining things for themselves. Hopefully the organizers/vendors can get things back on track before they go out of business. Gun shows are only fun when there is variety and reasonable deals.

The show was dead, but I prefer it that way. I can see what I want to see without hovering over other customers. Most prices were still a bit more than online, but there were a few accessories I did find at a good price.

I did see a lot of customers that look pissed off and looking to be negative before stepping in the doors. That kind of attitude feeds into how the dealers treat people.

I don't mind paying the admission or parking. It's a show. And I would consider myself fortunate to live in an area where they are pretty frequent and laws that are friendly for hi-cap mags and AR's.

Did you guys see that 14 round shotgun? Similar to the one in the Aliens movie. Wow.

I'm not surprised and I think gun shows will be pretty dead for a while to come. During the height of the panic dealers did like 3 years worth of business in 3 months, that means that buyers spent 3 years worth of spending cash in 3 months. Most of those buyers got what they wanted and are now out of funds and done buying. It's going to be tough times ahead for the small dealers who aren't diversified. Ammo supplies should catch up and be back to normal pretty soon. Once everybody has reached their "stockpile" comfort level then folks won't be inclined to pay inflated prices anymore. Most will just curtail or stop their shooting. I've cut way back, only been to the range a couple of times this year because I refuse to shoot up my supply when I can't replace it at a reasonable cost. I think a lot of people are doing the same.

Doing exactly the same thing. Also buying dies and trying to reload what I shoot but am finding that most other folks are doing the same thing and primers, powder, bullets and brass are hard to come by and priced at high levels.

But I watch for deals and will buy when it makes sense. I guess we all need to stock 10,000 rounds of our favorite calibers to float through these crazy times when these nuts choose to shoot up a school or movie house. So I certainly do understand why gun owners want to put up a Mormon level 7-10 year supply of shooting equipment.

I went there both Saturday and Sunday to visit a good friend at his table. He was kind enough to give me a badge so I had to pay for parking only. I had a good time chatting with people but I too had the impression that stuff was not moving at all, with the exception of Keith's and NW Armory. Keith's had by far the best prices on new guns and the best selection.
I got myself a 10/22 Takedown for less than retail.
XDSs in 9mm flew off the table.

One lady had a Tavor for 2400.00. While overpriced, I was sort of surprised to still see it there at the end of Sunday.

I also got some Ghost Chili flavored beef Jerky. I really like that stuff.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top