JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please bear with me as I think outloud the big question.
As Left Coast subversion and riots escalate, viscious attacks on anyone unsympathetic to the cause or the color of their hat, surrounding and pummeling cars lost down alleys like a bad Bronson movie, the Blue Flu..... it seems more likely than EVER that CHL owners may have to use their weapons in SD. Like soon.

Awaiting BGC approval for a luscious .410 handgun, naturally I researched assorted lethal shotgun ammo and how it may be employed from a car, close quarter skateboard attacks and imagine the damage that would be inflicted from an explosion of Winchester flying disks and BB cocktails tearing into a human torso at close range.

Yes to save my or my children's lives this would be necessary, I get it. but now that the real prospect that this day draws near, frankly it shakes me a bit. ER surgeons decry frangible GSWs like war crimes and simply inflicting this sort of wound is beginning to torment my Christian and moral sensibilties.

I am trained, have instructed, carry and hold a CHL, have guns in 9 calibers and more holsters than Big 5.. so I have been preparing for the mindset and physical aspects of this event. I have been shopping for USCCA type products and watching vids describing a nightmare called an SD shoot in today's political justice system. Heavy shiite.

How many of you have recently stopped to really digest the gravity of possibly shooting someone in what could be anyday now? I mean this year!!! Aside from bravado and generaly disgust of masked snowflakes are we as the local gun culture seriously ready for that?

How many of you have recently stopped to really digest the gravity of possibly shooting someone in what could be anyday now? I mean this year!!! Aside from bravado and generally disgust of masked snowflakes are we as the local gun culture seriously ready for that?
Many of us have, we are aware and we are prepared to do what is needed to go home every night.

Well, first, I stay away, as far away as possible, from any kind of population center, especially those areas where riots/etc. are occurring or may occur. I know this isn't convenient for many people, but it is much much better than having to use a firearm for defense. I used to work near downtown Portland, and I avoided the demonstrations in the past. I lost my job before the current ugliness started so in that sense, I am fortunate. I have also stopped applying for any position that would require travel thru or near Portland - I will only go there to buy preps (primarily ammo).

That aside, it may be too late, but I do not recommend buying a .410 anything, especially a handgun, for self-defense regardless of the situation. You would do much better with a more conventional approach, such as a high capacity semi-auto handgun that fires something like 9mm/.40/.45 or even 5.7x28

For personal Defense. Use what the local LEO's use. If you do not, you are at great risk of going to jail.
Reminds me of the case where a person used a 10mm in defense. It was an otherwise good shoot, but he was convicted for use of excessive force.

Make sure if you can, follow the simple rules of a Gun Fight, with the additional forthought to also make sure to have witness's, don't shoot some one in the back, make sure they are all the way inside your house before plugging them, make damn sure others can clearly determine that there was a clear threat ect.......
Follow common sense, don't act rashly, read the situation as accurately as you can, do not draw unless you intend to fire, and do not fire a warning shot!

Make sure if you can, follow the simple rules of a Gun Fight, with the additional forthought to also make sure to have witness's, don't shoot some one in the back, make sure they are all the way inside your house before plugging them, make damn sure others can clearly determine that there was a clear threat ect.......
Follow common sense, don't act rashly, read the situation as accurately as you can, do not draw unless you intend to fire, and do not fire a warning shot!
And remember to do all this in less than three seconds, because a jury will have six months to deliberate and examine the facts.....

I have been shopping for USCCA type products
I, too, used to have USCCA insurance until Sideshow Bob ruled it to be somehow illegal to insure myself against the anti-2A crazies and legal lynch mobs.
What have you found as a workable (read: legal in WA) workaround? I was just about to press the trigger on ACLDN...

ETA: Corrected ACLDF to the proper abbreviation of ACLDN

Last Edited:
I, too, used to have USCCA insurance until Sideshow Bob ruled it be somehow illegal to insure myself against the anti-2A crazies and legal lynch mobs.
What have you found as a workable (read: legal in WA) workaround? I wa sjsut about to press the trigger on ACLDF...
I feel compelled to divine the answer upon you, However, I do not want the Black Suits showing up at my front door.........:):):):):)

I feel compelled to divine the answer upon you, However, I do not want the Black Suits showing up at my front door.........:):):):):)
So, you're not gonna risk/accept black helicopters in the night to help a brethren in need? :confused::eek::oops:o_O:s0140:

And remember to do all this in less than three seconds, because a jury will have six months to deliberate and examine the facts.....
EXACTLY! The burden on you is brutal if you have to shoot, which is WHY we should all be training as often as possible!

As to the Caliber debate, I use 10 mm almost exclusively, hand loads even, and it's up to me to explain things to my attorney so that he/she is prepared to defend against a so called "Excessive Force" bullsnot charge, to which there should be no question! Dead is Dead, there is no such thing as excessively dead! It's better to achieve a totally dead result, instead of a mostly dead, but still dying result! Yes, there are horror stories out there, but i'm not taking chances, a hand gun is an awful choice for self defense, but it's often the ONLY choice, so, why saddle your self with anything less then Maximum power potential! I WANT dead as the instant result, not wounded, not able to spread lies, or garner sympathy against me for their crime!

For personal Defense. Use what the local LEO's use. If you do not, you are at great risk of going to jail.
Reminds me of the case where a person used a 10mm in defense. It was an otherwise good shoot, but he was convicted for use of excessive force.
say wha ? Please cite the case, or proof to illustrate that it was the calibre made the difference in the outcome this case. I call BS.

EXACTLY! The burden on you is brutal if you have to shoot, which is WHY we should all be training as often as possible!

As to the Caliber debate, I use 10 mm almost exclusively, hand loads even, and it's up to me to explain things to my attorney so that he/she is prepared to defend against a so called "Excessive Force" bullsnot charge, to which there should be no question! Dead is Dead, there is no such thing as excessively dead! It's better to achieve a totally dead result, instead of a mostly dead, but still dying result! Yes, there are horror stories out there, but i'm not taking chances, a hand gun is an awful choice for self defense, but it's often the ONLY choice, so, why saddle your self with anything less then Maximum power potential! I WANT dead as the instant result, not wounded, not able to spread lies, or garner sympathy against me for their crime!
I would normally click the "Like" button for that, but then I think I would be visited by black helicopters in the night... :)

There are three kinds of law. God's Law, Man's Law, and My Law. Unfortunate, but legal law is not always the same as my law. And obviously, your Law. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews