JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thinking Ccw Safe so far based on the charts for catastrophic coverages no limit coverages. Hard to know what's objective.
Is CCW Safe still "legal" in WA state? I'm pretty sure that ACLDF still is...

Please bear with me as I think outloud the big question.
As Left Coast subversion and riots escalate, viscious attacks on anyone unsympathetic to the cause or the color of their hat, surrounding and pummeling cars lost down alleys like a bad Bronson movie, the Blue Flu..... it seems more likely than EVER that CHL owners may have to use their weapons in SD. Like soon.

Awaiting BGC approval for a luscious .410 handgun, naturally I researched assorted lethal shotgun ammo and how it may be employed from a car, close quarter skateboard attacks and imagine the damage that would be inflicted from an explosion of Winchester flying disks and BB cocktails tearing into a human torso at close range.

Yes to save my or my children's lives this would be necessary, I get it. but now that the real prospect that this day draws near, frankly it shakes me a bit. ER surgeons decry frangible GSWs like war crimes and simply inflicting this sort of wound is beginning to torment my Christian and moral sensibilties.

I am trained, have instructed, carry and hold a CHL, have guns in 9 calibers and more holsters than Big 5.. so I have been preparing for the mindset and physical aspects of this event. I have been shopping for USCCA type products and watching vids describing a nightmare called an SD shoot in today's political justice system. Heavy shiite.

How many of you have recently stopped to really digest the gravity of possibly shooting someone in what could be anyday now? I mean this year!!! Aside from bravado and generaly disgust of masked snowflakes are we as the local gun culture seriously ready for that?

Seriously, if that wasn't already seriously thought through and a conclusion came to, then carrying already was a mistake.

Self defense from someone trying to inflict potentially lethal harm to yourself or loved ones is no different now than it was 10 years ago.

say wha ? Please cite the case, or proof to illustrate that it was the calibre made the difference in the outcome this case. I call BS.
A 10mm, and ESPECIALLY hand loads, as a carry piece, if used, will land you in jail. I'm not being paid to be your attorney. But if you do some research, you will find I speak the truth. Here is a helping clue - The NRA came to help with this mans case.

So a one shot one kill is preferable to an "effective" stop with a trained defender with more conventional caliber or "less lethal" .32 or 380? Dead is .... well ... dead.

For discussion here not thinking Mall shooter....

How's about using one "rubber non-lethal round" in your 410...
.... But, y'know, as the LAST round that gets fired?

asking for a friend

Edited to clarify for the folks that are incapable of reading anything but the first sentence

Last Edited:
A 10mm, and ESPECIALLY hand loads, as a carry piece, if used, will land you in jail. I'm not being paid to be your attorney. But if you do some research, you will find I speak the truth. Here is a helping clue - The NRA came to help with this mans case.

Total BS, unless you are going to claim defending yourself with a .45 ACP or a .357 are also "going to land you in jail" - this is judt complete nonsense that I was unwilling to leave unchallenged.

The circumstances of "good shoot or bad shoot" are directly related to the definition of self defense, not the 1mm of a difference between bullet diameter.

For this absurd claim to hold merit, people who shoot with a .22lr would get a "free pass" so to speak. If this wasn't made in serious claim, it would be a good joke!

Seriously, if that wasn't already seriously thought through and a conclusion came to, then carrying already was a mistake.

Self defense from someone trying to inflict potentially lethal harm to yourself or loved ones is no different now than it was 10 years ago.

Point taken and thought through everyday I strap. I would hope any LEO does as well. I wouldn't hesitate given no choice and training. Just throwing this out there for us to set aside the hyper focused craving for center mass for a moment for the sake of discussion. Healthy I hope y'all agree.

The gun and it's caliber should have zero to do with any outcome of a self defence trial, ever! The leathality should have no bearing on the outcome at all! Any good lawyer worthy of taking on such a case should be able to completely shut down the opposition!

I have a very close friend locally who was jumped, got bloodied and laid out 2 attackers without using weapons. He has exceptional "skills". He was arrested, mistreated and was convicted as a felon to some lesser degree. Doesn't take much.

The gun and it's caliber should have zero to do with any outcome of a self defence trial, ever! The leathality should have no bearing on the outcome at all! Any good lawyer worthy of taking on such a case should be able to completely shut down the opposition!
Are you aware of the cost of a good Lawyer, in a shooting defense trial? Since I have already ran into much opposition with regard to this thread - Do some research. And I hope you have a spare million dollars.

Are you aware of the cost of a good Lawyer, in a shooting defense trial? Since I have already ran into much opposition with regard to this thread - Do some research. And I hope you have a spare million dollars.
What price freedom? What price is Life?
Unfortunately, we live in both a litigious society, and one of Justice for profit, so........
Getting a fair shake at any thing approaching justice is a serious gamble! I prefer to stack the odds in my favor every time! It's why we all strap a gun on every day!

Point taken and thought through everyday I strap. I would hope any LEO does as well. I wouldn't hesitate given no choice and training. Just throwing this out there for us to set aside the hyper focused craving for center mass for a moment for the sake of discussion. Healthy I hope y'all agree.

I don't understand the statement, "hyper focused craving for center mass"

Are you referring to shot placement? Because that is just a general guideline to help get shots on target - in the defense of your life, shooting ANY part of the attacker would be better than none, there are simply anatomically speaking more effective areas than others.

To speak toward your .410 pistol. There are a lot of videos showing them to be comparatively inferior for self defense purposes, and while no one will volunteer to be shot with one, they represent more of a marketing success than a superbly effective self defense tool compared to traditional pistol cartridges.

I carry like normal, and just avoid downtown at night. I'm somewhat surprised there has not been any protesting up and down 82nd ave.... not that that warrants letting your guard down around 82nd Ave.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top