Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

close one - Instructor shoots student in the face

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RallySoob, May 8, 2009.

1. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

Thank God nobody died

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/05/07/Gun-teacher-accidentally-shot-student/UPI-71011241732079/

PONTIAC, Mich., May 7 (UPI) -- Police said a Michigan concealed weapons teacher accidentally shot a student in the face during a demonstration.

Investigators said the 74-year-old teacher accidentally discharged a bullet from a .38-caliber Smith and Wesson revolver at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday during a class in Oakland County, WDIV-TV, Detroit, reported Thursday.

The bullet ricocheted off a table and struck a 52-year-old student in the face. The student was taken to Troy Beaumont Hospital to receive treatment for non-life threatening injuries.

The teacher told investigators he thought the gun was loaded with plastic bullets.

Police said the shooting is being treated as accidental and no charges have been filed.

2. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

He thought it was this or that? Sounds like he should take a class or two himself. they are always loaded until you check them. I'm not young, but maybe time for warm milk and a nap for that old boy.

3. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

In my world even after you check a firearm to make sure it is unloaded the firearms are still considered loaded...

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Check them twice, to be on safe side...Then treat um like they are loaded. My point is that the geezer should give up teaching, if he doesn't even know the basic rule.

5. RickB

RickB Greater Seattle area Member

So, what part of the class involves shooting plastic bullets into a table? I suspect that was a bad translation of "snap caps", but still. If the guy has some sort of license to teach gun safety, it ought to be revoked.

6. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Horrendous.

7. maksim

maksim New Jersey New Member

I am sure this will be a wakeup call for him and his students. If his business is not dead yet, it will be shortly. just wait until the negligence lawsuit comes up