JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Totally easy to deal with. Call the conceal license department, they will get your prints and help you get a time scheduled for the sign off.

Yeah it's super easy - and always a pleasure to deal with - I think they do it maybe only one day a week. But you go in and they sign, if they have time you can shoot the bubblegum ;)

Wednesdays are the preferred sign off date. You can just walk in and they squeeze you in during CHL appointments. Watch Commander signs you off. Concealed Licensing Dept at Washington County is a great group of people, always pleasant and professional.

Wednesdays are the preferred sign off date. You can just walk in and they squeeze you in during CHL appointments. Watch Commander signs you off. Concealed Licensing Dept at Washington County is a great group of people, always pleasant and professional.
When I went in for my CHL they screwed around with me and pretended like there was something wrong. I laughed, they laughed. It's nice to know that there's humans working there.

I'm looking at just going the individual route when submitting my Form 1 for an SBR. Who has had the Washington County Sheriff's Department sign off on their Form 1? Are they easy to deal with?

If you wait until July 13th, the ATF Rule 41f and the new Form 1 comes into effect. No more CLEO signature. In its stead you just have to mail them a copy of the form to inform them that you will be acquiring NFA items.

Had my SBR signed off there.
Very quick and easy. The only hard part was the wait time for an appointment which didnt take too long, but I had to take a day off work because it was smack dab in the middle of the day.

He was pretty cool, poked fun at my non smiling passport photo (looks like a mug shot), then we talked for a bit after he signed off.

Go for it!

Glad I found this post, I was about to ask this exact question. Sounds like they will do the fingerprinting and sheriff sign-off at the same time? Do they charge for the fingerprinting? I've heard some departments do...

Where is the Washington Co. sheriff department located? I'm a bit worried I may not be able to make it over there on a work day before they close... Hopefully I can get it all taken care of quickly because I'm dying to start waiting on the approval :D

Fingerprints are $25 for the first 2 then $5 per extra card. They do usually do your prints then walk you over to the commander for the sign off. Rarely is it actually the Sherriff who signs. They are in downtown Hillsboro. 215 SW Adams St.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top