JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's up with everyone deleting the asking price and info from the classifieds once the sale is made?
I usually delete all the written info or the thread itself because if I leave all the other wording there.. Some guys will still open the add see ALL the words aside from the word "SOLD" no matter how many astrists or how bold its printed or even locked...yet still PM you.

For me, it saves message storage space, time and keeps less info out there on the web for folks to look up (its my tin foil hat time)

If you're a supporting member, you can just delete the thread altogether. But like @ZA_Survivalist said, some folks don't pay attention to "SOLD" and continue to try to pursue a purchase. For others, they don't want a full record of everything they sold out there. Heck, for all I know, they don't want their wives to see how much $$ they just brought in from a sale.

I'm good with the tin foil hat thought though.

This question has come up multiple times on the custom knife forums I visit. Often, the buyer saw a good deal and plans to grab it and then resell the knife. They don't want others to see that they paid $200 less for it a month ago. So the flippers don't want the sale price posted.

Often I have received messages on sold stuff if I'm not hitting the post. Heck sometimes I even strike through text and somebody still thinks it's for sale on a closed ad.

The same type also will ask you in a message the same stuff you make sure to put in your thread/ad.

You can't win.

As of lately, post 594 and 941, I would assume that most won't list stuff as sold/traded off because of time stamps and showing when it was/was not in ones possession.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads