JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This +1

Not their responsibility to babysit other peoples actions outside of the forum.

it shouldn't be arranged over or through the forum either. Which means any mention of an illegal deal shouldn't be done on the forums OR via PM. Either one could subject the "forum" to legal action for providing a place to arrange illegal transactions.

As per the forum rules even saying "I wish you were in XX state" is supposed to be deleted by the mods.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I dont see you list the option for the person that has NO clue it is illegal? I know many people that have NO clue of most laws. Sadly many of these people also include people that should know like FFL's and LEO's.

I would simply inform them of the law and if they still push then take it to the next step. It was not so long ago I had no idea you could not FTF out of state or even buy a pistol out of state..............

Good point, I didn't mention them, so:

4. Those who are "under-informed" about and gun laws. I don't really want to be involved in a gun transaction with someone who is careless about any subject related to guns. Maybe I'm being too hard, but that is how I see it.

I look at it like this, if I were an ATF agent in charge policing illegal gun deals why wouldn't I peruse the Classified Ads here?

Is that $25 that is saved by not using an FFL on a cross state line deal worth the two years in court, the $15,000 in lawyer fees for a case you are nearly 100% sure to lose, and then up to 10 years in jail just to save $25?

Don't play fast and loose with gun laws! The Feds are cracking down on this stuff even now, just look at the threads of the crackdown in Washington, do you think that they are giving Oregon a free pass?

I would always go under the assumption that this forum and forums like it are monitored and I wouldn't put it past ATF to setup stings. You never know. That 'member' PM'ing you for an illegal transaction could be an agent. :s0131:

it shouldn't be arranged over or through the forum either. Which means any mention of an illegal deal shouldn't be done on the forums OR via PM. Either one could subject the "forum" to legal action for providing a place to arrange illegal transactions.

As per the forum rules even saying "I wish you were in XX state" is supposed to be deleted by the mods.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

So.. Should we hold their ISP accountable as well for giving them access to the internets, where they can conduct illegal deals not through an FFL?

Or the chat client that lets them talk from out of state?

Or the server who hosts the chat clients?

Or the cell phone provider who provides them with free long distance minutes?

Come on man.

You can't hold accountable services that are provided.. People need to held PERSONALLY responsible for their actions, not the things that enable communication.

So.. Should we hold their ISP accountable as well for giving them access to the internets, where they can conduct illegal deals not through an FFL?

Or the chat client that lets them talk from out of state?

Or the server who hosts the chat clients?

Or the cell phone provider who provides them with free long distance minutes?

Come on man.

You can't hold accountable services that are provided.. People need to held PERSONALLY responsible for their actions, not the things that enable communication.

I agree and in the end all we can do is set a standard of conduct here on the forums and stick to it, after that? it's not my business to tell an adult how to live their own life.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top