JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good day Folks, I was wondering if anyone has any stories to tell about owning and having in there possession class 3 weapons while in contact with law enforcement, example" traffic stop, out in the woods shooting, etc.". just was curious about L.E.O.'s attitudes towards class 3 owners.

My guess is a silencer or SBR wouldn't even get a LEO's attention, but a full auto would prompt you being checked out (in the woods); at a range that allows full auto, not so much.

If you have a traffic stop why are your NFA items even coming into play? I have been pulled over and many times firearms of any kind have not come into play.

I have been shooting with my silencers before and had contact with LEO's. I have never had any comment other then "can I try". Of course this was in WA before July '11 when it was "illegal" to use them here.

Just like anything else in life 99% are cool but if you get the A-hole it will suck.

i've had 14.5" and 10" AR-pattern SBRs plainly visible in my truck during traffic stops.. 5, 6 times.. never had a cop make mention of the SBRness, just usually dumb questions like "why you got that?" or "is that loaded?"

the only time i've ever been prodded about the legality was with a mk18 at my range.. off-duty cop asked me something like, "so that looks like something needs a.. what's it called? form 14 or something?" in pseudo-ignorant fashion. i'd already seen his duty belt tucked in his range bag, and with him eyeballing my blaster, wondered if he'd say something.

thats about it. make sure you keep a copy of your form X with you. i've never had to show, but i always have with.

I recall a couple years ago about a cop seizing a couple silencers from one of the members on here while they were shooting. The member had all the correct paperwork but it seems the cop didn't know the laws and seized them. Can't remember the members name but I do remember coctailer had something to do with getting them back.

i dont own any class 2 weapons but i got pulled over just under the 205 on my way to vancouver by a police man and he ask me if i was packing i told him i was and were it was and he did not even give me a ticket i was doing 70

If I remember correctly, it was Bhowe who had his silencers seized for illegal use (he had the forms). It seems that someone called the police and claimed that someone was using a silencer. He admitted to having a silencer (big mistake) and it was seized. The WA police cannot arrest a person for a misdemeanor that they did not witness (with a few exceptions), but they do apparently seized evidence of misdemeanor crimes.

While there are WA laws that allow seizure of felony and drug crime evidence, I have yet to see any RCW that allows seizure of non-drug misdemeanor evidence. Anyone know of any?

Ranb

If I remember correctly, it was Bhowe who had his silencers seized for illegal use (he had the forms). It seems that someone called the police and claimed that someone was using a silencer. He admitted to having a silencer (big mistake) and it was seized. The WA police cannot arrest a person for a misdemeanor that they did not witness (with a few exceptions), but they do apparently seized evidence of misdemeanor crimes.

While there are WA laws that allow seizure of felony and drug crime evidence, I have yet to see any RCW that allows
seizure of non-drug misdemeanor evidence. Anyone know of any?

Ranb

Ah yes. Thank you ranb. Couldn't remember the name of the member until you posted it. Also, I believe the people who called the police was some other shooters shooting right next to him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top