JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clark Rifles has closed to the public.

The range is open for members and their guests only on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Effective March 1, 2016.

Yes, this news made me very happy as a member. I've never gone on a Sunday because it was open to the public.

I just hope it doesn't affect the yearly revenue budget too much - I honestly don't even know how many people paid the non member prices each Sunday.

Well that sucks. As a non-member Clark was my go to range for rifle. I cant really justify a membership at most ranges and their 300 yd range was perfect for zeroing on occasion. Now I have no where to go except for the woods at 6x the inconvenience.

I have no doubt this closure has something to do with that bogus claim last year.

I hope that this doesn't bode ill for Clark Rifles! I was a member there for many years and thought highly of the operation and people there! Good luck for the club! SRG:)

Well that sucks. As a non-member Clark was my go to range for rifle. I cant really justify a membership at most ranges and their 300 yd range was perfect for zeroing on occasion. Now I have no where to go except for the woods at 6x the inconvenience.

I have no doubt this closure has something to do with that bogus claim last year.

Sounds like you need a shooting buddy. Umm, maybe @Joe13? :s0092: :s0060:

I wouldn't just take anyone as I am liable for my guests but yea, I would take @Koda as a guest any time he wants to arrange it. Then it will only cost $5 instead of $20:D.

It's almost always more fun to go with someone.

:s0118:If these dam hurricane conditions ever let up to allow me to get my boat home , you know I'm itching to go Joe.

Some pretty crazy conditions on the straits right now!!!!!!!

I'm looking like Tom Hankins in cast away and it's only been 6 days of cruising to port to port, lol. Gosh darn it DAM Pacific Northwest !!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't just take anyone as I am liable for my guests but yea, I would take @Koda as a guest any time he wants to arrange it. Then it will only cost $5 instead of $20:D.

It's almost always more fun to go with someone.

:s0118:If these dam hurricane conditions ever let up to allow me to get my boat home , you know I'm itching to go Joe.

Some pretty crazy conditions on the straits right now!!!!!!!

I'm looking like Tom Hankins in cast away and it's only been 6 days of cruising to port to port, lol. Gosh darn it DAM Pacific Northwest !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, I almost called you yesterday to see if you made it back yet or not; doesn't sound like the best of times:(.

I got you on my as soon as we get a chance we are heading out to the boonies to shoot list;).

If Clark rifles put in a shotgun range I wouldn't ever need to go anywhere else:D

Ya it's been real slow moving. Never seen 14-16 foot waves on the straits before. I had two days of repairs too but it wouldn't have matter, ocean stuff right now is showing 25-35 foot waves with 5-8 foot wind waves on top of that.

First hurricane warnings here in 25 years. God I have great timing !!!!! Lol

Ya know, I almost called you yesterday to see if you made it back yet or not; doesn't sound like the best of times:(.

I got you on my as soon as we get a chance we are heading out to the boonies to shoot list;).

If Clark rifles put in a shotgun range I wouldn't ever need to go anywhere else:D

I wouldn't just take anyone as I am liable for my guests but yea, I would take @Koda as a guest any time he wants to arrange it.
Joe, Im honored you would take me thats a huge compliment too.
Thing is I only used the range about once a year to check zero on my hunting rifles. Perhaps I could take you up on your offer for that. There is also a small chance I might buy a new scope this year, but thats a bucket list thing thats been sidetracked by an AR build.... well see.

Ive really enjoyed my time there. One of the range masters was very helpful once and super knowledgable. Ive also introduced 2 new people to shooting there, one ended up buying his first gun... having a nice clean range to go to as a non member made that possible, left a good impression on my friend who was otherwise not into guns. Its easier to convince new people to go to a range than the woods.

Joe, Im honored you would take me thats a huge compliment too.
Thing is I only used the range about once a year to check zero on my hunting rifles. Perhaps I could take you up on your offer for that. There is also a small chance I might buy a new scope this year, but thats a bucket list thing thats been sidetracked by an AR build.... well see.

Ive really enjoyed my time there. One of the range masters was very helpful once and super knowledgable. Ive also introduced 2 new people to shooting there, one ended up buying his first gun... having a nice clean range to go to as a non member made that possible, left a good impression on my friend who was otherwise not into guns. Its easier to convince new people to go to a range than the woods.

There's a few points I hadn't considered. And valid ones. Hopefully the new indoor range in Camas can fill that role for new shooters.

If you ever want to go sight in a rifle just give me a little notice and we will do it. The range is about 30 min from my house and most days are flexible.

Yes, this news made me very happy as a member. I've never gone on a Sunday because it was open to the public.

I just hope it doesn't affect the yearly revenue budget too much - I honestly don't even know how many people paid the non member prices each Sunday.
Every time I went on Sunday maybe one, or two people were there. Once maybe 10 and four were with me.

The bigger question is where is the public going to be forced to shoot. This puts more pressure on public lands and causes clean up problems from the sloppy shooters.

The bigger question is where is the public going to be forced to shoot. This puts more pressure on public lands and causes clean up problems from the sloppy shooters.
agree, I wonder what the percentage of non-members that used their range on the public acces day (Sundays)?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top