Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

citibank against fireams manufacture

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by cetme, Sep 29, 2010.

1. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

:huh: just heard on lars larson show that citibank will not finance anyone who has ANYTHING to do with firearms.scope mount manufacturer coudlnt get a loan after he was first accepted for the business loan.anyone who cares about our gun community might want to rethink any business with citibank.i havnt researched this myself,just repeating what was on the radio.

2. BlvdKing

BlvdKing Almost Boring Member

3. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

I will make sure I have nothing to do with them.

4. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

+1 their crooks no wonder they're against guns.

5. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

Me too.

6. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

News flash - this article was written twelve years ago! In other breaking news, George W Bush to run for President and the US economy is in the dumps. Well, some things never change.

Anyone boycotting Amazon, Google, eBay and Paypal? None of those companies will facilitate the advertising or sale of guns or ammo either.

7. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

I know for a fact amazon has all kinds of scopes and firearms accessories. They don't sell guns or ammo but they do sell everything else

8. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

I don't care when it was written myself. All that means is that I would have got rid of my citibank card before now if I would have known about it previously.

Not allowing guns to be sold on a site, especially one governed by the laws of California is different than denying financing for a business simply because it is gun related in my book. Craigslist doesn't allow firearms sales either. They are fearful that they could be liable for god knows what. These days who knows, especially in Cali.

I won't be using citibank anymore. It's not like that is going to shut their doors, but if enough gun owners do it they will feel it.

9. BlvdKing

BlvdKing Almost Boring Member

Considering there are over 250 million firearms in the USA, If every firearms owner refused to use them it would cause a serious financial impact and maybe force them to rethink there completely ridiculous policy.

10. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Supposedly, this was rescinded not to long after: Citibank kills firearms policy but Google does show a couple of references to similar actions earlier this year. But those could just be a case of thread-necro...

elsie

11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Not using Citibank now.

12. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Dumped that POS bank years ago.

13. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

This came up on the show today because the latest slimy act by sh errrrrr citibank was very recent, like within the last few days. I find it interesting that Citi was a recipient of TARP money, and have government influence, and now en masse deny loans to people that do business with people that promote 2nd amendment rights.

Im sure theres no connection.

I really cannot wait for civil war to break out.

14. frauhunter

frauhunter Central Oregon Member

It would be interesting to know which agency provides security for their top executives - bet that agency has "connections" to the firearms industry.

15. TANSTAAFL

TANSTAAFL Downtown Seattle Member

Ugh, dump your Federally chartered banks and go to a state chartered bank with open disclosure of their investment portfolio. I love my bank in Montana: financially conservative, they know me by name despite living in WA, I've met the owner, went to school with his daughter and aren't secretive. With the Internet, automatic billing and deposits there is no reason I need a massive bank.

bank_fail1.jpg

16. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

Awesome picture :bluelaugh: TANSTAAFL

17. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

Silencer Talk pulled their firearms classified section in order to be able to use Google ads on the site. Under Google's terms, you cannot advertise firearms on the site and use Google ads. This per Robert who owns the site.

18. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Hmmmm...maybe it's time to turn to a life of crime, after all Citibank must have unarmed guards and transport drivers!

19. jgeist

jgeist Oregon Active Member

"Considering there are over 250 million firearms in the USA, If every firearms owner refused to use them it would cause a serious financial impact and maybe force them to rethink there completely ridiculous policy."

Right idea, but maybe easier to hurt them... If every firearms owner contacted Home Depot and refused to do business with them because of their finance companies BS policies.. Then Home Depot would have to make a choice to either sell their credit business to someone else or continue to loose in store business.. .Lowe's makes sure that their finance company does not discriminate like this, so we all have a choice... Just a thought....