JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did you know there have been 351 mass shootings (4+ victims including shooter) in the United States in the first 334 days of 2015? The attached image is also very revealing...on average, 14.3 innocent people die in a shooting rampage when the shooter is stopped by the police...that numbers drops dramatically to "only" 2.3 dead people (still horrible) when the shooter is stopped by an armed citizen. Are you prepared to make a difference and save lives, including your own?

We have just completed our 2016 schedule and we are offering 45 different classes and class dates are now open for registration here: https://www.540tactical.com/our-schedule.html Whether you are looking to learn how to safely and effectively use your handgun, or simply get your concealed carry license we have many classes to fulfill those requirements. We also offer shotgun, rifle, pepper spray, self defense, trauma/first aid and situational classes and seminars for beginners and novices alike. We also specialize in school, church and workplace violence safety trainings. Here's a list of what we offer: https://www.540tactical.com/our-classes.html

Finally, just in time for Christmas, we are offering 2 specials and also Gift Certificates. These make perfect gifts for the people in your life that want or need these types of skills. Best yet, you do not need to register the gift certificate recipient for a specific date. Simply select the class in the store http://payments.540tactical.com/products and checkout. Be sure to use the coupon codes below when checking out to receive your discount. We can print and mail or simply email the Gift Certificate right to you. We will email you a confirmation to coordinate the name(s) you want on the gift certificates.

Christmas Special Offers:

Concealed Carry Course –Multi State – 50% off – use coupon code giftcard-50

All other courses – 25% off – use coupon code giftcard-25

BTW, you can always register yourself for any course using these same coupon codes, but offer expires December 24th, so take advantage now.

LE vs Citizen.png

@540 Tactical - There have been 4 -- not more than one a day.

My source for 4 comes from Mother Jones. As liberal a source as there is.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data
Mother Jones's database is not without controversy.

Well, two things...first, I am not interested in a senseless debate as this is not an editorial page. It is a promotional ad from a sponsor, Second MJ, is hardly a beacon of reality. Not much digging required to blow that whole article up...the math is the math. Additionally, violent crimes happen every 5-7 seconds in America...there are so many compelling reasons to become better trained and prepared for what is statistically likely to impact a person...I could pull a number of factual stats...or none...matters not. Either a person has an interest in learning or they do not.

Last Edited:
Yesterday, completed 540 Tactical CC for OR, AZ, UT.
I did the range skills test afterwards.
James and his sidekick Chris filled-in a lot of questions I had, and improved my draw and fire.
The classroom portion began at 9am, wrapped up about 2:15. Shooting portion finished about 4:30? maybe 5pm.
James packs a lot of information into his CC class.

My third CC class.
First one was 10 or so years ago to see what it was all about, didn't apply for a license.
2nd class was after the 2012 Clackamas town center shooting, applied for and received license.
3rd class was yesterday to fill-in knowledge gaps and learn more skills.

Please tell me you guys aren't trusting that data. They do not use the same definition for mass shooting that the FBI does.
I really hope I'm just missing some kind of joke here and there is seriously not an instructor teaching false information.

It's not about how one piece of data is calculated versus another. It's not about how the FBI or Mother Jones calculates or defines a mass shooting. To the victims or intended victims of violent crime, which is several million people per year by EVERYONES data, it matters not.

Violent crime, including mass shootings are real. They are intimate and victims don't tend to hide behind a keyboard and pontificate.

Some people would like safe, effective and relevant training and this is an ad for such. If you don't like the ad, then simply move along.

It's not about how one piece of data is calculated versus another. It's not about how the FBI or Mother Jones calculates or defines a mass shooting. To the victims or intended victims of violent crime, which is several million people per year by EVERYONES data, it matters not.

Violent crime, including mass shootings are real. They are intimate and victims don't tend to hide behind a keyboard and pontificate.

Some people would like safe, effective and relevant training and this is an ad for such. If you don't like the ad, then simply move along.
You're using hype to push a service.
I hope you're honest with your students on exactly what that data represents. If not you're just contributing to the ignorance and rampant misinformation.

You sent me a pm and set it so I couldn't respond. You don't want this public? Don't put it in public.
You purposely misrepresent information to people looking to learn. You make money by extending the hype you know to be false.
Shame on you.

You sent me a pm and set it so I couldn't respond. You don't want this public? Don't put it in public.
You purposely misrepresent information to people looking to learn. You make money by extending the hype you know to be false.
Shame on you.

Other than baseless and ignorant assumptions and a propensity to lead with those, I am sure you have many fine qualities. You have a Merry Christmas...rejoice my friend as Jesus loves you...

Where do I sign up for a class from these guys? I love it when people try to scare me into buying things that will keep me safe.

I love it even more when a "company" comes onto a forum filled with gun owners and insults their intelligence with snark.

Better yet, let me buy this for a family member so hopefully they can be treated the same way!

:s0067:

Other than baseless and ignorant assumptions and a propensity to lead with those, I am sure you have many fine qualities. You have a Merry Christmas...rejoice my friend as Jesus loves you...
And I'm sure you have fine qualities. Other than using incidents involving BB guns and calling it a shooting. You're aware not all of those "shootings" actually involved guns right?
These numbers have been discussed at length on this very forum.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top