JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

A couple friends and I have a business idea. We come to your house, teach you defense tactics in your home, help you design a response strategy to breakins or other attacks, and then run a simulation. It would be perfect traing for those concerned with TEOTWAWKI/SHTF, etc. After a 2-3 hour session you would be extremely well equipped to defend your home and family in any scenario and confident to do so.

In our group we have an ex Force Recon Marine, an NRA certified instructor, and a Muay Thai/Jiu Jitsu expert. Would you guys be interested in something like this, and if so how much would you expect to pay?

Thanks for the help!

You could charge a $100 fee to come to the home, inspect it, and ultimately give the best strategy possible for the worst scenario. It would also be beneficial for the home owners to do research about what potential risks are around their area. If they cant think of any or don't do the research, give them a generic scenario. As for the hand to hand training you could do that in multiple lessons. If you can find enough people interested it would be beneficial to start a class of some sort. These are my suggestions.

Most people are going to be reluctant to let someone in their home that they do not know, without a serious amount of evidence that the trainer is credible and trustworthy. I wouldn't. I rarely let sales people of any stripe into my home. Too many scam artists out there (not saying that YOU are, but if you came to one of my NRA Refuse To Be A Victim seminars, and posed a question about someone offering this training scenario to you, I would probably get you to question it.)

Most people need training that is a lot more basic awareness than "tactical".

Most people need training that is a lot more basic awareness than "tactical".

I agree with this, tactical training doesn't do alot of people any good, because alot of people don't know what they could be looking at. I think training people with their state laws would be the best overall I.E. shoot/no shoot situations or the rules of engagement so to speak.

I would be more inclined to teach people concepts, and let them figure out their own security posture. In fact, that's kind of what I am planning to do myself:

<broken link removed>

http://www.facebook.com/SecDefCon

I expect to hire a handful of people over the next year or so, but they need to be much more widely versed in some formal disciplines than merely having a military background.

NWGN:

I do a segment on home defense in my classes, but it's a fairly small part of the class (1 1/2 hours or so).

I'm trying to imagine selling that 1 1/2 hours plus a home security survey and adding my help in formulating a specific home defense plan for a family and honestly I can't see anyone being willing to pay me enough to make it worth my while, much less three guy's time.

I also think what your talking about has extremely limited utility for most people without a lot of other stuff like situational awareness, thorough understanding and practical experience with weapon handling, and the defensive mindset.

For the vast majority of people in the vast majority of situations, home defense tactics consist of:

A: Form a plan to get everyone in the house to a safe, relatively defensible room and wait for the cops, defending if you must.
B: Keep your doors locked when you're home
C: Always have a loaded gun handy

An elderly gentleman a few blocks away from my house shot and killed an intruder last night.

Saturday morning shootings leave one dead, another injured | The Columbian

Crazy/high man breaks into the house, they lock themselves in the bedroom and call 911. Crazy/high man breaks into bedroom, gets shot. Pretty much the way things should go.

Most people don't need tactical building-clearing techniques taught to them. They need to know how to safely handle a firearm, when force is justified, and that they CAN do things to protect themselves.

I met the owner of this store. Seems nice enough. Got my attention and I plan to check out this store in the following few weeks. See whats going on there. I am always on the look out for something positive in society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top