JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What states honor an Oregon CHL? I've been looking online at different websites and I'm not sure what to trust.
I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next few months all around the country would like to know what I can do where. My Utah permit hasn't shown up yet.

No states honor Oregon CHL, as we do not honor anyone else's. Unfortunately.

If you will be traveling mostly PNW & would like to carry contiguous, the simplest way to do so is get an out of state (non-resident) Utah.

Need your Oregon first, or apply at the same time - some classes are setup to do Oregon & Utah at the same time. Least ways they used to be when we got ours. Dunno about these days, plus with the Covid & crud....

Bummer. I have my Oregon CHL. And I went through the Utah class as well and I have my paperwork sent off to them but I have not received it Yet.

Notable, Utah non-resident is also pretty useful outside of the PNW.

Drove back from South Carolina recently, and we legally carried the entire route. EXCEPT South Carolina (similar no reciprocity in SC-oddly) & a tiny sliver of Illinois (Because...Chiraq & "progress").

Bummer. I have my Oregon CHL. And I went through the Utah class as well and I have my paperwork sent off to them but I have not received it Yet.

Yah.

When we did our Utah a few years+ back now, it was a good several months to get it in hand after sending in the paperwork.

Now? I'd recon 6 months....sadly.

IIRC, advice when we did ours was NOT TO BOTHER the Utah folks about checking on PARTICULAR app timelines. Because, the concern being if you did, they would be pulled from the in process pile(s), and plopped back into the longest line / pile(s).

No idea if such is factual, however makes a bit of sense.

Utah CHL processor folks are petty decent tho. Did our change of addresses via a simple e-mail. Easy peasy.

I guess I will need to figure out what is legal for carrying in the vehicle. Whether or not it needs to be out of the drivers reach and separate from ammo all state by state.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top