JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The wonders of prefabrication!!!

This is incredible. I had to view it twice. It's another reason why we have to focus on China as a country that is soaring ahead of us in so many areas.

This 30 story Hotel took 15 days to build !!!

Notice each of the sections already has electric and water pipes installed and were tested for accuracy all prior to them leaving the factory.

It appears like those "sections" formed and pre-tested at the factory, snug together like Lego building blocks.

And look at the earthquake resistance level.

HTTPS://www.youtube.com/embed/GVUsIlwWWM8?rel=0

However I didn't see any Fire Sprinklers

For most of human history China has been ahead of the west. Feudalism and then Communism held them back during the first industrial revolution, but they are shedding those restraints now and surging ahead.

This was in 2011, I wonder what they're doing now days?

Jacking the building up from the bottom.
sorry my U-Tuby-fu is off today, I am not finding a video.
The idea is they build a floor, then jack that up, and build hte next floor. All the workers stay at ground level.
lift the building, not the supplies and workers.

This isn't quite what I had in mind

And Robots.

While I admire the prefab and the ability to do so.. Im curious about the inspection process as they went along.

FYI- there is a split in the link. One half will take you to youtube (main page), the other will take you to the video.

I was thinking earlier other than the fact that we're hiring and buying American now, they have had some experience in the past building walls. Built it to last too. :)
images (1).jpg

Rrrrright....so, is it still standing? What does 10 year old concrete look like in China?

and more info about what's happening in China.....

and

and from another guy actually living in China.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I just figure that the ancient China is way different from modern China. You know how it goes...in ancient China if you constructed stuff (Great Wall, Imperial Palace, something for the Royals) you did a good job. Because, if you didn't......you'd be killed.

Today, it's all about the profits. And you can bet that the big construction guys have connections with highly placed Govt Official(s) who will protect them should things go wrong. And, it's not like China has all that much respect for law(s) and regulation(s) when it affects their pocketbook.

Last Edited:
There's a video of a guy stabbing at some high-rise concrete support columns with a piece of rebar in China.. he can easily sink that bar many feet into it like it's made of gypsum powder. I can't find it.. crazy

During my 43 years on this place called earth, it's been a statement that anything that says made in china, well you know.

They make good stuff - when we insist they make it to our standards.

But when nobody is checking their work, then they make crap, if they can get away with it.

I would like to see this building withstand a major earthquake, despite their claims to the contrary. Not that most of our buildings would either, but generally we try where that is a requirement.

I work in a building built in 1920. I go outside and look across the river at the new company HQ built for $150M on a fault line, on an island that is mostly fill dirt and river sediment, and I wonder how well it will handle an earthquake. They wouldn't put the data center there because of the fault line, but they will have most of their people there - kind of tells me which they value more. :rolleyes:

The building my office is in will probably do better as it was built as a nine story warehouse meant to hold a lot of weight on each floor with solid concrete columns 3 feet thick, every twenty feet. The HQ was built to be an office building, steel framed with a glass shell.

Either way, I am glad to be retiring in 3-4 years.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top