JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Haven't decided on powder load yet. I just read that the cheddite hulls have an ever so slightly larger primer pocket that american primers are a little too small for. I can give it a try with win primers to see if they fit snug, bit I am not the adventurous type when it comes to shot shell loading. Don't want to end up with over pressure issues

I'd start here: Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide or here <broken link removed>

Go by the gauge i.e. 12ga, then determine what type of hull(Cheddite)you are going to use. There is a breakdown of various recipes with the tested components, powder/primers/wads. My two cents worth- use a Remington Gun Club hull. You can find them at your local Trap Club on the ground and there are more component options for reloading. Hope this is helpful.

I'd start here: Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide or here <broken link removed>

Go by the gauge i.e. 12ga, then determine what type of hull(Cheddite)you are going to use. There is a breakdown of various recipes with the tested components, powder/primers/wads. My two cents worth- use a Remington Gun Club hull. You can find them at your local Trap Club on the ground and there are more component options for reloading. Hope this is helpful.

I use Remington hulls for 12ga. But I already have a ton of cheddite 410 hulls that I would rather not waste. It should be just as easy to find and use cheddite primers, just can't find them locally.

I'm tracking with you now...410. Look at the above link by Icb97269. The W209 is almost a even swap out on dimensions. Shouldn't have a issue. Bi-Mart and Sportsman's have recently had W209's in stock. I just reloaded some 410 with H110 last week. I'll check PGC tomorrow when I'm there. They on occasion sell Cheddites.

So, I tried seating a win209 in some Rio hulls ( same as cheddite, so I am told) and they are sloppy loose. I can pull them back out with my fingernail. According to the link from above, the size of the Rio primers is .004 larger than the cheddites and .006 larger than the winchester. Should I maybe look for Rio primers?

I'm thinking Noble Sport or Fio/Rio primer? Some say you can use a pocket primer conditioner from BPI that will make the W209 work, but I have no experience with that. To me the Rio hull isn't worth the effort, that being said I cant find any AA 410 (new) shells to save my life so I'm stuck with the Rem 410 & reloading them. The Portland Gun Club said they have primers coming in soon.

Primers at Ballistic Products, Inc.

Well, I tried putting a 3/8" bolt into the hull and giving it a whack with a hammer and now the win209 seems to fit. So I went ahead and ordered a primer pocket conditioning tool which should do a little better job of not collapsing the primer pocket( I had 2 that I hit too hard). When I receive the tool I will post results.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.