JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My bank has decided to start charging me $25 a month for my checking account. I have been fee free with this bank for decades.

Anybody else seeing this?
WTF? :eek:
For that kind of fee they should be allowing you to come in once a month and get serviced by a teller. DROP them! I long ago went with online accounts. Have a couple of them and they are free. Keep one brick and mortar bank account "just in case" and only because its still free. Only requires at least $500 a month into it and 3 transactions per month. So I keep it open in case I need a bank I can walk in. Have not needed to for many years. If Key ever decides to charge fee's like this I will drop them.

I had to wait until my direct deposits transferred to my new bank (two months!), but I did drop them.

I thought they would ask me why I was changing banks, but they didn't ask or say anything. I guess they already knew why.

Too bad, too, because I really liked that bank. One of us changed. :s0092:

A lot of people never balance or reconcile their checking accounts so.. me, I'd bail quick and or find out if they'd waive fees if a minimum balance was met.

"Minimum balance" was something like $20,000, as I recall, although that may have included assets in addition to the checking account, such as investments with the bank.

That's good advice for the folks who don't reconcile their account every month. They might be getting billed for it and not realize it. Check your account statements!

Chase notified us that they will start charging $35 per month next year. We've banked with them for 50 years. Local Credit Unions have free checking, no minimum. In the process of switching now.

Chase notified us that they will start charging $35 per month next year. We've banked with them for 50 years. Local Credit Unions have free checking, no minimum. In the process of switching now.
Damn I have to guess the banks are trying to get rid of customers then. Fee's like that have to mean the bank just wants to get rid of the people with the accounts.

Left big banks for a better option with Credit Unions. Accounts are insured, local business, better service and costs. Have dealt with Wells F...., Bank of America, and banks that are local. Bought a reposed truck from a bank. Banker asked if I knew repo-rule? I didn't. He said, "Once a repo, always a repo." Kept the truck 12 years. Ironically the Feds shut the Stockman's Bank, Gillette, Wyoming. Guess they got re-possessed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top