JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the charging handles I've used, even the standard designed type have all worked just by using the offhand (so I don't to switch hands, using the two-hand tango method ;)) by using the index finger in a clinched position.

Have never had to use the thumb...so after 30+ years it would be difficult for me to change it now.

I've see the Radian handles close to the BCM prices...anywhere from 40-60.00 depending on the seller and if there's a sale going on.

Well crap! I have 3 BCM mod4s. Was going to keep putting them on all my builds to standardize. Thanks for saving me $50!

I can't really stomach the prices asked for Radian and G handles, unless like 30-40% off on black Friday.

Will have to keep looking or just buy some milspec CHs for my basic bubblegum carbine builds.

When we hook up I'll bring both for you to run on your rig so you can determine if you like them before throwing down the cash.

I'll always be ahead of the game on Raptor CH, Nick and company from Radian was at an armorer's course I attended and passed out a free one to everyone there. I was stoked as that was my go-to CH being a lefty I ambi all my personal builds.

All the charging handles I've used, even the standard designed type have all worked just by using the offhand (so I don't to switch hands, using the two-hand tango method ;)) by using the index finger in a clinched position.

Have never had to use the thumb...so after 30+ years it would be difficult for me to change it now.

I've see the Radian handles close to the BCM prices...anywhere from 40-60.00 depending on the seller and if there's a sale going on.

Both the Radian and Geissele work fine curled index finger or even a bladed hand, no need to pinch.

Personally, I wait for the sales to do my buying.

The original Mod 4 operated like the standard stock charging handle, like you mentioned...hand sweep or hook the latch with the fingers.

The BCM Mod 4B, to get the latch to unlock from the receiver I had to place my thumb on the back of the charging handle, apply some force forward as if pushing it in, then the latch would release.

I thought I obtained a faulty handle, but have since heard from others of having the same experience.

I just received a Mod 4B about a week ago and put my gun together on Monday. When I first ran the charging handle, I agree that it wasn't quite right and it did take more manipulation than it should have. After a week of shooting (not much really) and general clearing/air charging, it works just as well as my older Mod 4's. Just took a little breaking in.

Last Edited:
The one I got had to be pinched with the index finger and thumb to release. Took it back and tried another...same problem.

Tried a Radian, no problem. Must be me...

But have been soliciting original BCM Mod 4 handles...so far got two.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top