JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have these Novak style sights on my Taurus Officer model and want to change them for something different. Does one need a gunsmith to do it or, is it something simple to do without specialized tools?

CbYYZcV.jpg
T8jOPtz.jpg

We use sight pushers for all jobs like this. I have seen dozens and dozens brought in after someone tried the hammer and punch method. Usually the slide is all banged up and scratched from the punch slipping. Get a sight pusher or take it to someone who has one. We can easily take care of this for you, probably while you wait. If you are closer to estacada, @Velzey can help you as well.

I am actually just outside of Corvallis. After watching the video, I don't think I care to much for the hammer and punch method. I'd be the first to screw something up that way!:D

For a short barreled ccw pistol, find a front sight your eye can pick up quickly, and a rear sight notch wide enough for the front sight to settle into smoothly.

Sadly, sight makers tend to make sights for more precise shooting for smaller guns.

I just found out that Taurus uses a proprietary sight cut so, finding a set to just install may pose a problem. Go figure!:rolleyes:

If for some reason you need to custom fit the new sights to the slides dovetail, you need to carefully and evenly remove some material from the bottom of the sights.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top