JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, earlier last year (you know, the dumpster-fire year) we decided to supplant the AR with another rifle. I was thinking short M1A, then lost my train of thought, and 2020 happened. Anyway, a recent mailing reminded me of the semi-automatic CETME L rifles being offered.

black_ql_rail-900x600.jpg

They run on standard STANAG magazines.

Any experience with these? Thanks. :)

Don't know about CETMEs, but I had a C-308 once and really did not like the ergonomics of the charging handle being front and left. Very awkward for me. Sold it.

I had the 308 version. Basically a HK G3. It had a pretty heavy recoil. Would throw the brass about 20-25ft to the right. It was a decent gun, but once I got my SCAR 17, it just sat. No interest in shooting it anymore, the cool factor had worn off. Sold it during the post SH crazy time for what was at the time, alot of money. A whopping $700! :confused:

Another route is to get a demilled parts kit (Mod C "Good" 7.62 runs about $100- $150), and the CETME version of a 80% receiver flat ($70). A bit more work than a AR and not for someone particular about looks.

Just get a PTR-91 and call it good! Price might be up a bit, but they are really the best of the breed!
I have an original CETME that was done up by Century ( before they were a crap shoot) and besides the non fluted barrel, and welded muzzle device, it was spot on, and is accurate! Did a bunch of work to make it an exact replica of the late Spanish rifle, and it's now ( In my opinion) a much better rifle then the later German HK's!
They are a different shooting experience, and it takes some getting used to, the forward charging handle is kinda funky, but it's reliable, the recoil impulse is kinda sharp,, that big ol chunk of heavy steal bolt slamming back in the receiver tends to make it worse then others of the same caliber, and you really want to add a bolt buffer and a good pad if you are gonna shoot it a lot! Once you learn the inn's and out's of it, they are perfectly capable rifles and fun to shoot!

Wow, what a nice rifle. A bit heavy, but shoulders really well and balanced. Build quality is top notch.
Can't wait to get it to the range.

IMG_20210605_131122.jpg

For anybody looking for one, I found what I think may be the only deal on these online. Brand new Gen2 MarColMar with a rail $1240 shipped. $200 less than everywhere else I looked. Ordered Wednesday and received at Tigard Pawn 4 More today.

No affiliation, but happy with the service and the gun. 2 more in stock. Go Get'em!

Mazama's down in Eugene has had these in stock frequently. I can't recall the price but want to say they were in the $1,000 - $1,200 range.
One of their employees has a YouTube channel and he has a couple videos with the Cetme L. that I watched.

Well, of you ever get up to the Tigard area and have a hankering to shoot one, hit me up. I get it, it's hard to get excited about gun stuff with how the world has been the last year.

Last Edited: