JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, this is a reoccurring issue that has resulted in many threads here. Just now I was trying to track down a particular variant of a S&W revolver and came across two "vendors" with them in stock, with a third that I found that was an obvious rip-off site. The two that weren't quite as blatant were quickly found to be scammers based upon a little google-age.

I'm wonder if we shouldn't create a stickie or a central location or something to document known scam outfits. The data to include and layout might be interesting to kick around too.

Thoughts?

Could not really hurt. Not sure how much help it could be though. True scam sites are like wack a mole. They get taken down and 3 more take their place. As long as people keep tossing money at them the scammers just keep throwing up another one. :mad:

The current repository is the web. Narrowing them down - now there's the rub.
Problem is that they are put up and taken down faster than the doomsday clock is running.

its rather interesting whats going on with some of these sites. From what i heard, there are a bunch of quickly made throwaway websites that collect payment info then when they have scammed enough the website is basically deleted and a new one is made. you will notice with some of the spam sites that the [business adresses] dont match up with the phone numbers or other trace information on the site. They probably auto generate templates for a website with a bit of manual info added, then run them until the site gets busted.

its rather interesting whats going on with some of these sites. From what i heard, there are a bunch of quickly made throwaway websites that collect payment info then when they have scammed enough the website is basically deleted and a new one is made. you will notice with some of the spam sites that the [business adresses] dont match up with the phone numbers or other trace information on the site. They probably auto generate templates for a website with a bit of manual info added, then run them until the site gets busted.
It all comes down to an old adage. A fool and his money............... The only reason these sites keep popping up is there seems to be no end to the fools who just refuse to learn. :s0092:

So, this is a reoccurring issue that has resulted in many threads here. Just now I was trying to track down a particular variant of a S&W revolver and came across two "vendors" with them in stock, with a third that I found that was an obvious rip-off site. The two that weren't quite as blatant were quickly found to be scammers based upon a little google-age.

I'm wonder if we shouldn't create a stickie or a central location or something to document known scam outfits. The data to include and layout might be interesting to kick around too.

Thoughts?
Here is an extensive list of blacklisted sites from r/gundeals. Some of the compaines on the list are legit but were blacklisted for various other reasons and may deserve extra scrutiny before dealing with them.

Last Edited:
Here is an extensive list of blacklisted sites from r/gundeals. Some of the compaines on the list are legit but were blacklisted for various other reasons and may deserve extra scrutiny before dealing with them.

The problem with a list of sites is the name will just change by the time the list comes out. These fake sites pop up daily. If someone checks a 'list" and does not see the site it just means its not there yet. The bottom line never changes. If the site will let you pay by credit card the buyer is safe. If the site will not accept credit cards why do people insist on using them, then cry that they got ripped off? :confused:

Maybe the best way to approach it is for members to post with the title, "Scam Alert" plus the name of the site. Then maybe they can either roll into a stickie or at the very least be easily searchable by the title.

Yah. It'd be pretty difficult to retire the axiom of "A fool frequently gets his money scammed away from him". Besides, it builds smarts when that happens.
What I'd like to see, is these pukes quit holding up traffic to hand feral's money at traffic lights and stop signs. :s0117:

Found this one today,
Well spotted, thank you. Anytime I see these pop ups on a site the red flag goes up.

067E03D1-9FF4-40B9-BA30-3767954475BC.jpeg

A real gem of a SCAMMER site;
Voip California phone number and state they are in California!
Site shows;
lastminute.com London Eye
Riverside Building, County Hall, London SE1 7PB, United Kingdom
Immigrants coning people from the UK!!

Like those scammy home construction remodelers/contractors.

As soon as you get one closed down. He pops again. Up under a new name or new ownership (usually, his wife's name).

IMHO......probably fruitless. Since Prison and/or jail time..... doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent or option anymore. And THAT, just seems to be how it is. With most crimes, nowadays.

Aloha, Mark

IMHO......probably fruitless. Since Prison and/or jail time..... doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent or option anymore. And THAT, just seems to be how it is. With most crimes, nowadays.

Aloha, Mark
Its It's my understanding that punishment for comittlng crimes is only 50% of it. Removing people from society that can't follow the rules is the other half of the equation. Find a place to keep the dirt bags and let them rot!

A real gem of a SCAMMER site;
Voip California phone number and state they are in California!
Site shows;
lastminute.com London Eye
Riverside Building, County Hall, London SE1 7PB, United Kingdom
Immigrants coning people from the UK!!
Did you check to see if it is listed?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads