JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago, I started looking into liability insurance for myself. Many times you can get this to protect you as part of home owner's insurance. But you must make sure that you are covered in case you get sued for shooting someone. Usually the catch is you must be acquitted of any or all charges.

Investigate everything when it comes to insurance policies. Get as much in writing.

In this day and age, you can be acquitted of a crime and still be sued into oblivion. It is only smart to protect yourself.

I don't know about this link's insurance. This isn't an endorsement for it, just to educate yourself.

Wouldn't adding a one million dollar umbrella policy to your existing home and auto coverages be more cost effective?

Your insurance (and ANY insurance policy) CANNOT cover you for an intentional act. This is why there aren't hundreds of different insurance options.

You can pre-pay legal costs under an "insurance-like" plan. But the essence of insurance as they stand, is that they cover you for accidents or unintentional acts. Because you INTENTIONALLY shot someone in self-defense, they won't and can't cover you.

I'm hoping that there will be some changes in this area of law as guns are getting so much more popular and so many new people start carrying for self-defense.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top