JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My two takes for different publications... pretty much the same reports.

Gun rights victory as House passes CCW Reciprocity

Gun rights advocates won a major victory in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday as the concealed carry reciprocity legislation that has been bitterly opposed by gun control lobbying groups passed on a bipartisan vote of 231-198.

Gun rights victory as House passes CCW Reciprocity

House Victory for Gun Rights Advocates: Reciprocity Passes
The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday delivered a victory to Second Amendment advocates with passage of concealed carry reciprocity.

House Victory for Gun Rights Advocates: Reciprocity Passes - Liberty Park Press

I respectfully disagree. If passes the senate and becomes law, this will come back to bite us in the arse!
They need to be focusing on repealing laws rather than making new ones.
Republican and Democrat alike have proven they cannot be trusted and DO NOT have our best interest in mind.
Disappointed

I've thought carefully about this, at first I was a proponent, as it would allow interstate travel to be much easier for those who chose to carry...

But have since shifted my position to all states should be Constitutional Carry States... Now that would be some legislation and a real win for the Constitution... Period...

I'm not attacking anybody on this thread, in particular, but I am sick and tired of conservatives who are against any bill that isn't perfect. I will take an inch, a foot, a yard, and eventually we'll get there. Every step forward is a step toward the normalization of concealed carry.

Does this bill move us FORWARD? Yes. So support it, party a little bit for a little win, and then fight for the next inch.

I respectfully disagree. If passes the senate and becomes law, this will come back to bite us in the arse!
They need to be focusing on repealing laws rather than making new ones.
Republican and Democrat alike have proven they cannot be trusted and DO NOT have our best interest in mind.
Disappointed

I agree that the 2A supporting politicians need to be focused on repealing laws. Though I'm not convinced that National CCW reciprocity would be a bad thing.

I'm not in the line that give away more power. It's not a trade. We have something they want but they're not giving anything away. Again, we already have it.

If reciprocity doesn't happen. Fine. California & NY stay the same. That's a separate fight. Adding people to NICS that shouldn't be there is not worth it.

Last Edited:
I'm not attacking anybody on this thread, in particular, but I am sick and tired of conservatives who are against any bill that isn't perfect. I will take an inch, a foot, a yard, and eventually we'll get there. Every step forward is a step toward the normalization of concealed carry.

Does this bill move us FORWARD? Yes. So support it, party a little bit for a little win, and then fight for the next inch.
Yeabut the NRA sent me a hat that was too big, smart guy.

lol

It's not so much 'they' believe something. It's that you believe 'they' believe something, so that it must be true. Remember, 'they' are smart. They're politicians.

It's not so much 'they' believe something. It's that you believe 'they' believe something, so that it must be true. Remember, 'they' are smart. They're politicians.

Yeah - like this guy:

1z9rp7.jpg

"it would allow interstate travel to be much easier for those who chose to carry"

That subset, anyway, that chooses to obey the law.

One cannot be too cynical, where government is concerned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top