JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it would be better to use the hand you are not reaching for your wallet with to get your gun. If someone is pointing a gun at me at close range I am not going for mine...period. I also do not want them seeing I have one when I reach for my wallet and deciding to shoot me because of it. I would rather hope they lowered their weapon once the were being handed the wallet by my weak hand.

Good point. If you've decided they are going to take you out anyway, hand them the real wallet first to distract them. Maybe even fumble drop it as you hand it?

Excuse me for bumping an old thread but it isn't often left hand people have an advantage. It would be easy to hold up your right hand as that in almost any situation seems to mean you are no longer a threat. Then express I'm going to get my wallet or what ever with my left hand. If you are a left hand shooter you now have the advantage and as long as your right hand is raised they will accept far more movement with your left hand. I carry my wallet on the right side, wear my watch on the left wrist. Heck that is expected. If you want this to work for you then learn to shoot left hand, everyone is watching the right hand, the left hand can do almost anything with out much consideration.

Interesting points. I am left handed and have carried my wallet on the right rear for years. But just changed to the left rear. Here's why.

I carry my Doug Ritter Mini-RSK(think mini griptilian) in the left front pocket with 2 Bianchi Speed Strips), I carry my SW 442 in a Ted Blocker pocket holster in the right front pocket. I just got a full sized griptilian, courtesy Oregon Firearms Academy(thanks Dan and Vivian) and decided it needed to go in the right rear pocket.....my thinking on this goes like this.

When I carry my full sized gun, it's an MP .40, it goes 4-5o'clock, so I always carry my 442 in the right front pocket.....if the left arm goes bad, I have a backup in the way of a firearm on on my right side. Same with the pocket knives. If I have one on the left side, shouldn't I have one on the right? I don't like to put anything else in the pocket my firearm is in, so the back pocket it was....hence the wallet move.

I carry with the wallet in the back left and the Ruger LCP in the back right. if it comes to getting mugged I guess I'll see how man I am at the moment, maybe come around with the wallet, or come around with the gun... I really don't like thugs so...

I also carry a glock 27 in an ankle holster usually... in case I ever need a real gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top