JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I have been working on getting her sister into guns, and it's finally worked! Now she wants to apply for her CCW in OR, so she'll need to get the training requirement. Anyone know any good, affordable instructors down in/near Salem? We have some great connections up here in Vancouver, but she's wanting to stay local to get it done quicker and less expensive.

Thanks.

Coat of Arms in Keizer, Fifty 1 Fifty in Independence, Tick Licker in Salem, I also think Sportmans Warehouse has classes. Jim Jacobe also has a website with his schedule.

Last Edited:
Unless something has changed, I believe you can still go online classes. That said, it's better to get Utah in conjunction with Oregon for additional states. A certified Utah instructor is required for that.

Jim Jacobe, if he & his wife are still around.

We took his Oregon & Utah class. Way back now, ? 8 or 10 years ago now. Salem.

Recommend them, again do your own diligence to look them up.

A quickie 20 second google-foo didn't show any online presence since 2019, and am off to shift in a few minutes...

Jim Jacobe, if he & his wife are still around.

We took his Oregon & Utah class. Way back now, ? 8 or 10 years ago now. Salem.

Recommend them, again do your own diligence to look them up.

A quickie 20 second google-foo didn't show any online presence since 2019, and am off to shift in a few minutes...
He's still around, just saw him the other day. He has instructors come in for the class now.

My wife and I have been working on getting her sister into guns, and it's finally worked! Now she wants to apply for her CCW in OR, so she'll need to get the training requirement. Anyone know any good, affordable instructors down in/near Salem? We have some great connections up here in Vancouver, but she's wanting to stay local to get it done quicker and less expensive.

Thanks.
Depends what you're trying to accomplish. If you just want to complete the paperwork aspect, do the Oregon Sheriff's Course. The course is free but the certificate is $65. If you want to actually learn something about mindset and loved ones/self protection, Coat of Arms in Keizer has a great course. You will also be supporting someone who has laid it all on the line fighting Measure 114. The owner is one of the first people named in the lawsuit against the state in Federal Court.

Depends what you're trying to accomplish. If you just want to complete the paperwork aspect, do the Oregon Sheriff's Course. The course is free but the certificate is $65. If you want to actually learn something about mindset and loved ones/self protection, Coat of Arms in Keizer has a great course. You will also be supporting someone who has laid it all on the line fighting Measure 114. The owner is one of the first people named in the lawsuit against the state in Federal Court.
I recently made first purchase off gunbroker and chose coat of arms as ffl. There were cheaper options available but I wanted to support someone who has a brick and mortar.

Seeing what you just posted im glad I chose them.

I recently made first purchase off gunbroker and chose coat of arms as ffl. There were cheaper options available but I wanted to support someone who has a brick and mortar.

Seeing what you just posted im glad I chose them.
Veterans too! Adam and his employees have served and most have seen active duty. I've been a customer since they had that tiny shop just south of BiMart

I was a member and NRA instructor at Four Corners Rod & Gun ten years ago, I don't know if they still do classes there or not. Just lost touch with those guys after I moved north. Chris Alembaugh was the NRA Training Counselor there at the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top