Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CC in your front yard, Oregon laws?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by closingresponse, Aug 10, 2013.

1. closingresponse

closingresponse Portland New Member

Can someone point me to some laws regarding the legality of carrying concealed on your property in your front yard? In Portland? My front yard isn't fenced in, from my days in CA it was considered 'public property' due to it being accessible to the public, so CC without a CHL was illegal. (I know. Stupid.......)
    I CC in my backyard here and there (completely fenced in) to get used to the feel of carrying my different pistols.
    Will I be breaking a law if I go to my front yard to grab my garden hose?

Thanks in advance for your time!

I will be applying for my CHL next week, after getting that then my question is moot. But I'm quite interested in what the laws have to say though.

2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

3. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

No one can charge you with menacing for carrying on your own property. If anyone can show any evidence of that ever happening, I'll eat my hat.

Yu can carry on your property however you choose, no matter what anyone says. The illegal laws only pertain to being in public and fence or not, your front yard is not public property unless you live in an apartment, condo or the like.

It's disgusting that American's need to fear carrying in public. It's much more disturbing that people think they can't do it on their own property.

4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

You could always get a skylight for your closet.. probably like $700 including labor.

5. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Its disgusting as well that so many people choose to stop fighting for their rights and revert to asking for a CHL. They get to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights for 4 years, then they need to ask permission again? Thats freedom?

7. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I'm still a free American over here. I can and will carry wherever the hell I want. Period. As long as we keep apologizing for other gun owners(Apparently it's like being raped into a gang. We are trained by our own people that we must constantly apologize for other gun owners "making us all look bad". Too bad this only applies to guns and not cars, choice of alcoholic beverages or anything else, but hey, grouping people together based on what they drive or drink is crazy! Grouping them together because they own guns apparently makes perfect sense.) we will keep holding ourselves down.

Next time anyone expresses an opinion on your or my guilt regarding what someone you or I never met did with a gun in TX, CT, CO or anywhere else, please say "This makes us all look bad. Except for unklekippy on the NWFA forum, he is smart enough to not apologize for strangers and to not be lumped together with fools.". As I have said before, none for me, thanks!

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Is that code for you are a felon?