JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who lives here?

• Cat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. It's just a suspicious hole

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Hey Folks,

Went off trail today following sold older elk signs and stumbled on this
79109791-D22B-43CC-9D03-B099E2A8283A.jpeg

The photo does it poor justice. The pit is 8' deep and the mouth of the hole is 2.5-3' wide. There is a second hole higher up about 15' to the left out of the picture.

Who lives here?

With the foliage around the opening, and no clear path in/out, I'd guess nothing right now.

(Following)

There's no foliage around the opening. It's a bad angle on the picture. After the foliage there is another 2' dip and it's cleared in front of the cave mouth.

Could just be a sinkhole due to underground drainage. Has something like that in the farm orchard - it was due to water running down the hill.

My understanding is that animal holes are usually obviously dug in appearance. That one doesn't look like anything dug it.

Gonna need better photos! I suspect given the burnt wood this is in a burned area? This could possibly be a wind blown tree situation that left a hole after it got blown down or burned out!

Did you take a flashlight and poke your head inside for a look see?

Man I would have ! But then I am am a long term spelunker and after looking inside the hole I would have crawled in.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads