JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got going loading 223 and got in a groove and after i changed bags of cases I got about 100 or so done before I realized that they were different cases. Now for my pistol rounds I usually never sort headstamp because there on the lower side of the charge and have yet to have a issue with that. I was curious tho with 223 if this could have a significant difference.im at 27.0 grains of cfe223 and 55 fmj projectile. I was using RP cases and went to FC which had the crimped primer pocket that i already removed. I had read something about LC brass being a lot thicker so there was less room inside the case. Just wondering if this could make a round burst on me or something.

Eh, you are fine.

Assuming you aren't going for an accuracy load and just plinkers no harm. I don't load by headstamp I just grab and go.

Considering 27gr is almost smack in the middle (.1 off) of the powder load...

Rock on!

"Keep Calm And Reload"

If you are just going 50 yards why not just back the charge off a bit. I load at minimum and below with that powder and have no issues shooting to 200 yards and no weapon malfunctions.

i never sort headstamps with any caliber. honestly, for 5.56 if you are between 24 and 27gr with most powders youre fine.
BY MOST I MEAN, NOT ALL POWDERS. I MEAN MOST THAT ARE SUITABLE FOR THE CALIBER.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top