JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this article on KATU's site. Apparently it's becoming the next big thing. The guy in the story says carp are harder to catch than trout or steelhead. I'm not so sure about that. When we were kids we'd go trout fishing at the ol' Trojan power plant. When we'd get bored with trout we'd put some corn on our hook and start catching carp.

<broken link removed>

When I lived on a houseboat, the Carp would keep me awake, with all that surface sucking noise.
I nailed one with my dad's Arnold Palmer golf club, that shut him up.
Bent the club, though......Ooops

It is good fish to fight with same strong as salmon. Bow fishing FUN too. But do not waste let it go or eat. It is good taste fish in any way pan fry, deep fry or fish soup. Just let a seat in milk for couple of minutes to take muddy taste out.

The most important thing you need when Crap fishing is a couple gallons of fresh water. Crap are one of those fish that have to be cleaned completely the min you get it on bank or in the boat. if you treat them like trout and worry about cleaning them hours later you will have ruined the meat. In Asia where Carp is a staple it is caught gutted and flushed clean right away and the meat tastes as good as any whitefish. If you let it hang on a stringer dead for a few hours it tastes like the water you pulled it out of or worse.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top