Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Carp Fishin'

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by nwwoodsman, Aug 2, 2013.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Found this article on KATU's site. Apparently it's becoming the next big thing. The guy in the story says carp are harder to catch than trout or steelhead. I'm not so sure about that. When we were kids we'd go trout fishing at the ol' Trojan power plant. When we'd get bored with trout we'd put some corn on our hook and start catching carp.

Crazy for carp - the 'trash fish' that's taking the angling world by storm | Adventure & Exploration | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

2. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

When I lived on a houseboat, the Carp would keep me awake, with all that surface sucking noise.
    I nailed one with my dad's Arnold Palmer golf club, that shut him up.
    Bent the club, though......Ooops

3. kukusya

kukusya King County Wa Active Member

It is good fish to fight with same strong as salmon. Bow fishing FUN too. But do not waste let it go or eat. It is good taste fish in any way pan fry, deep fry or fish soup. Just let a seat in milk for couple of minutes to take muddy taste out.

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The most important thing you need when Crap fishing is a couple gallons of fresh water. Crap are one of those fish that have to be cleaned completely the min you get it on bank or in the boat. if you treat them like trout and worry about cleaning them hours later you will have ruined the meat. In Asia where Carp is a staple it is caught gutted and flushed clean right away and the meat tastes as good as any whitefish. If you let it hang on a stringer dead for a few hours it tastes like the water you pulled it out of or worse.

5. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

WOW! What timing....I was thinking about this very thing today. My favorite reservoir has Bass and carp and I have only fished for Bass there and was day dreaming about trying for carp.