JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife finallu landed a 'big' carp this week. She's not ruined for other fishing just yet, but she's digging sticking the giant goldfish.

Till last Tuesday, she's only ever hooked a big one, which always broke off or threw the hook.

Finally, the stars aligned and she got her piggy in:

pzUrbfq.jpg

jkc4syK.jpg

Our boy was not to be putdone though, through a combined effort between the 3 of us, he helped get a bigger one in...

btAJDf4.jpg

ocw5BAz.jpg

The last fish we brought in broke my net. Snapped one of the support arms off :eek:

Not to be skunked, I landed one too ;)

j0TosS1.jpg

We had a few chinese fire drill momentz, twice a rod almost got lost by a freight train bite. Two double hook ups on large fish. Wife's fish got into wood, twice. Kid hooked a hawg on an ultralight, then the reel fell off while that fish took 100 feet of line off in a hurry, burried himself in the lily pads. I got the reel back on, coaxed the fish back into open water, then the damn hook came out :( Almost landed it on 4lb line.

My kid surprised me this week though, his first ever time trying a spinning reel to cast, and he did great on his own. No more push button reels for him. He wants his own spinning rod, and he says it has to catch big carp. Its his favorite fish to catch.

Gotta print couple of these and put on the brag board at Sportsman's. :D

Nothing beats plain sandwhich bread for bait for these beasts. I am going to get one fairly on the fly this year though. Thats one if my 2018 goals. :cool:

30C4FB4B-1501-4C52-8566-492EEB48FF1D.jpeg CFC0D7EA-F5A3-456A-B65A-0C31C4C6CC6D.jpeg 65266D52-472B-44BF-B9CA-64EA5B3A1C14.jpeg 52572DDE-4ED0-48DF-B403-7FF14D510D09.jpeg Nice fish.......what do you use? Dough balls used to be the preferred Carp bait. We used to wade into flooded areas and get hundreds of lbs of them with pitchforks in Eastern Washington. The bite is on here in the Snake.....these were all caught by my buddy last weekend.

Do you eat those carp, or grind them into fertilizer? :eek:

Catch & release. My employee wants to eat one, but I forgot to bring a trash bag to wrap one up in. I typically don't keep fish, bevause I hate cleaning fish. I'd keep a salmon, steelhead, halibut, or larger seabass, fish where 1 to 3 makes a meal.

And the bait - white bread, pressed into firm balls around the hook. :D theres some @Stomper bait too...

Nothing beats plain sandwhich bread for for these beasts. I am going to get one fairly on the fly this year though. Thats one if my 2018 goals. :cool:
Catch & release. My employee wants to eat one, but I forgot to bring a trash bag to wrap one up in. I typically don't keep fish, bevause I hate cleaning fish. I'd keep a salmon, steelhead, halibut, or larger seabass, fish where 1 to 3 makes a meal.

And the bait - white bread, pressed into firm balls around the hook. :D theres some @Stomper bait too...

Are you inferring I'm a master baiter?! :eek:o_O

:D

So took the fam out yesterday afternoon for some fishing funtimes. We invited my kid's friends and their mom along too (becoming friends with her & her husband too)

Fishing was slower than I expected, given the warm water and warm air temps. 3 hook ups, 2 fish landed.

First was a wee baby - only a couple pounds:

OYjwJEY.jpg

Nqza9x5.jpg

The lil' gal was all about seeing, touching, and holding the fishy.

I didn't get any shots of the second fish landed, my wife was slacking :D The other kiddos dad did show up about the time fish started biting - he was on long lunch break from work, and I think he said he got video of the fight and pix of the fish, but I'm not sure. Wifey did get kind of an artistic shot of the battle though:

DG662F0.jpg

We're going back this afternoon after kiddos get out of school. Lil' fisher lady says I am going to help her catch a big fishey, or so my wife tells me that is what her mommy said.