JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I lived on a Houseboat on the Multnomah channel car thieves wrecked my life. I mean literally. Their relentless break ins and vandalism turned me into a basket case.

No place is worse to defend. You are down a ramp and 100 yards away from the parking lot and they post a look out and have at it. I had to sell the houseboat and move.

Once I took a heavy duty tool box and bolted down in my '71 Blazer and rounded out the lower nuts so that puppy wasn't going anywhere. Those thieves used a torch to steal it and then took my fire extinguisher and sprayed the entire inside of my truck as an FU note.

I was poor and needed to get to work everyday. If I was late I'd get fired. My boss didn't care that someone slashed my tires or put sugar in my gas tank.

I waited many nights in the brush with a baseball bat and a 12 gauge but they never came on the nights I was on guard.

Most assuredly, if I would have caught them I would still be in prison to this day (this was 20 years ago). I wouldn't have just killed them I would have brutally tortured them.

When I see or hear about car thieves I wish I could relate to them what they are risking - even more than their lives. Not now of course, I've mellowed and material things don't mean that much to me - but back then it would have been pliers and a blowtorch.

I know it is wrong to use deadly force to defend property, but when I hear of someone doing that .... I understand.

No, it isn't. My bubblegum is my bubblegum. Get your own.

That statement should be made by someone who's never stolen a thing in their life. If that's the case, I truly envy that quality about you, Ted or anyone else that can say the same.

I wish I could take back what I've done in the past and what I've witnessed friends doing, but I can't. Karma has had no difficulty reminding me of my poor decisions.

Have you replaced everything in your bag yet?

Bull! Some DRACONIAN retribution going around might slow some of these creeps down a little! Since there are no consequences these days why should these losers change their ways?

Bull! Some DRACONIAN retribution going around might slow some of these creeps down a little! Since there are no consequences these days why should these losers change their ways?

It may..

I can only say that as a kid, I didn't care about consequences - didn't even give them a single thought. Maybe in a society where you get your hand cut off I'd think about it, but I'm not so sure. Kids are just too stupid to care. Even when I was doing that crap, my parents, teachers and neighbors all considered me a good kid. It was about time I measured up to their expectations. Can't say what changed, other than I was raised better than that and I finally grew up.

Many times over the years I've had things taken from me and I've felt exactly the same way Burt did.

Today however, I remember the things I've done to deserve it.

A LEO once told me a story about a call where a guy beat some dude that he caught in his truck so badly with a baseball bat that he would probably never be the same and was hospitalized for some time. The responding officers had to ask several times "so you felt threatened right" "right"? If your old enough to play the game then your old enough to accept the possible consequences.

It may..

I can only say that as a kid, I didn't care about consequences - didn't even give them a single thought. Maybe in a society where you get your hand cut off I'd think about it, but I'm not so sure. Kids are just too stupid to care. Even when I was doing that crap, my parents, teachers and neighbors all considered me a good kid. It was about time I measured up to their expectations. Can't say what changed, other than I was raised better than that and I finally grew up.

Many times over the years I've had things taken from me and I've felt exactly the same way Burt did.

Today however, I remember the things I've done to deserve it.

I still don't particularly care about consequences.

Recap - why do you care so much about Bubblegum? Are you addicted to it? :peace:

owned9wz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, never leaver good stuff insight, but we all fail this at some point and sometimes when you fail to be smart some one is there to call you on it. Its sad we live in such world but it is the way it is.
window is gonna cost a $120 to replace, gonna do it myself. Insurance is of no help.
Iys gonna take a while to replace it all as I dont really have the cash right now. And Credit cards are evil, so will try not to use them. Have a new 5.11 bag and getting together new supplies. The lost kindle will have to wait until the next year and the emergency stuff will be far more important to replace.

Burtgummer... I dont see any fault to "I know it is wrong to use deadly force to defend property" society is wrong on that.

It a good thing for them that I didnt see them! Having to have my kids stand in the rain for 30min while I get the glass out of the car seats, they would have wished they had never lived over that alone! I should be able to defent what is mine, what I have earned and worked for, even it means taking their life to defend it. Its mine I earned it, go earn your own!

Keep in mind, from what I've been told, having a secondary electrical system that will electrify the outside of the car is supposedly "illegal" and "dangerous". I call it effective, and a mild deterrent. I hate thieves.

They need some negative reinforcement. I also have a dim view of thieves.

As another note..
The bag did have a mini copy of the US constitution as well as a mini copy of the Declaration of Independence combined with a folded Mini American flag on top of the bill of rights fliers i had to give out, its my hope they may read it and learn something.

I agree, it sucks. But a simple way to deter the dirtbags is to not leave anything in the car. I have had two break ins myself. One, they took my camera stuff that was out of site. The other my wife left her back pack purse on the front seat. Luckily we got her purse back and everything in it. Dont get that.

Another good way is to tint your windows. Mine is 15% all the way around except the windshield. You can not see anything inside at night or during the day.Even with my dash lights on as high as they go, you can hardley make them out.
If they cant see anything worth taking they arent going to waste the time unless they want to just take your car.

I had a thief problem until i started to work on RODENT infestation in my 86 toyota. bolted a coyote trap to a chain bolted to my floor board and ran it into the glove box covered with paper Thinking ill get those stinky RATS next morning i found a bloody trap, my dash board broken, my door left open.... Must have been a big rodent......
Never saw evidence of the rodent again.... Must have crawled someplace and died ;-)

I didn't booby trap. Simply setting a rodent trap. knowing that nobody would be in my truck without my permission.
You must not have read my post correctly.

Coyotes are messin with your rig? :s0112:

Don't get me wrong I see nothing immoral about it but the cops may see it differently

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews