JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been about 10 car break in today and yesterday. They took a timney tavor
Trigger out of mine that I needed to RMA. Found the shipping box in a yard few houses down. If you live near 49th and 164th. I would keep an eye out. A lady also got mugged yesterday same area.

Some of the cars got broken into around 5 and 6pm. Others early in the morning. Not sure if anyone got a clear idea of the people or person. My car was hitMonday night after 8pm or Tuesday morning before 5am.

I only live a few miles from there. Theft has always been part of life in the city, and it sucks to be a victim of it. What really concerns me, is the escalation of violent crimes happening in nearby neighborhoods. The thefts are germane for sure.

My brother lives off from evergreen blvd and he forgot to lock his car and someone went through stole random things but not some more expensive items. Weird.

Seems like more homeless are moving into vancouver and a lot of people moving into vacant homes.

At the gym people would wait in there cars and see women get out of their cars and put their valubles and purses in their trunk. They would wait until the women go inside and smash their window pop their trunk release and their gone in 20 secs.

There is a lot of crime over in Vantucky! For a number of years I've noticed that the crime news reports are as many or more than PDX. My son, who lives in the Salmon Creek area was hit this spring! Kicked in his garage door and lost bicycles, tools and electronics! I can remember back in the '50s when family friends over there really didn't lock their doors!

BTW: Dwaine, sorry about your Timney!

Last Edited:
There is a lot of crime over in Vantucky! For a number of years I've noticed that the crime news reports are as many or more than PDX. My son, who lives in the Salmon Creek area was hit this spring! Kicked in his garage door and lost bicycles, tools and electronics! I can remember back in the '50s when family friends over there really didn't lock their doors!
According to fbi.gov portland 5 times worse then Vancouver, but over all both places are pretty safe to live. Like everywhere there are places to avoid. Lesson learned, lock your doors, don't leave things of value in your front seat.

I am off 162nd and Burton and it has gotten worse i8n the past 15 years. Have lived in Vancouver almost all my life and this just pisses me off.....

We had our house broken into about 6 months ago. People had to be watching as out house has people coming and going at all hours....

Thieves are like cockroaches. Most come out at night and you can't seem to get rid of them.
I pulled into a Vancouver Home Depot the other day and while looking for a parking spot I noticed three shifty looking guys slouched down in a beater pick up.
They were checking out every pick up that had construction tools loaded up in the back of the uncovered bed.
I figured that as soon as the guy walked in to the store, his tools would disappear.
I backed my work van into the spot directly across from them and just stared at them.
I wrote down the license plate and after a couple of minutes they took off.
The management didn't seem to care, so I guess you're on your own shopping there.

We had guys that would do that across from our lot. We would call the cops when they started casually strolling through our lot looking in vehicles, the cops would take 30-45mins to respond so I just started running them off.
I figured if there was an assault they would show up sooner.

Been about 10 car break in today and yesterday. They took a timney tavor
Trigger out of mine that I needed to RMA. Found the shipping box in a yard few houses down. If you live near 49th and 164th. I would keep an eye out. A lady also got mugged yesterday same area.

The drug dealers and users have infested the parking lot of the skate/dog park at NE 18th St and 164th Av. Perhaps some of these miscreants have made an excursion into your neighborhood looking to fund their habits.
:(
Best,
Gary

Dwaine,

Sorry to hear. I live off 164th near the dog park and I believe we're in a battle to keep our neighborhoods safe. I've installed motion detecting lights and cameras as well as alarms automatically sent to my iPhone. I've chased the bums away a few times in the past and will continue to be vigilant. The bad thing however is that instead of bothering me, the prowlers will seek out easier victims.

Man you guys seem to live right around the corner from me/mine, good to hear not everyone in the 'hood is a scumbag. Last summer on a monday night around 11pm some punk crashed into my front lawn, i run out to see WTF, he almost runs me over backing up in my front yard, proceeds to peel out trying to leave.
As I'm running next to his now barely running POS screaming at him to stop, he runs a 4way and takes off, I was able to get his plate number and called 911.

Called it in, didnt think it would be hard to get a response seeing as it was Monday, and the $hithead had to go by the copshop on 155th twice getting onto mill plain-was told be the 911 operator that someone would be out the next day. Said F that got in the car locked and loaded and followed the car crumbs to the abandoned rig, called LEO again told em where the car was- "well sir we'll try and get there":mad:

Tow truck shows up along with a group of Hispanics, I jump out and explain that the car was involved in a hit and run and the driver agrees not to touch it.

Long story short it was a underage joy ride gone wrong and everything was settled with the insurance, was supremely frustrating though that we couldnt get an officer to my house until 3hrs +plus had passed. Only thing that saved the car from going through my son's bedroom wall was a large pine tree in the front.

Kicker was I asked the officer what would have happened if I had come out and disabled the rear tires with buckshot and was told that I would have been the one thrown in the hooscow for a multitude of offences.

Dwaine,

Sorry to hear. I live off 164th near the dog park and I believe we're in a battle to keep our neighborhoods safe. I've installed motion detecting lights and cameras as well as alarms automatically sent to my iPhone. I've chased the bums away a few times in the past and will continue to be vigilant. The bad thing however is that instead of bothering me, the prowlers will seek out easier victims.

Well, everyone who owns guns has an obligation to keep them safe from theft. Everyone should not only own a gun safe, but they should own a burglar alarm too. Especially since there are good wireless ones out now like SimpliSafe that are so affordable. I got a Deluxe setup that included 8 entry sensors, 2 motion sensors, a glass breaking noise sensor, and not just one, but two extra high powered sirens, besides the base siren. When my alarm goes off, my whole neighborhood freaks out. :eek:

All of that only cost me $550, and was super easy to install.

Only drawback is that a couple of my neighbors have become irate over false alarms, due to how loud the multiple sirens are. This has fortunately rarely happened. And I've not had one for quite a long time now.

Having a good strong fence and gate blocking access to one's backyard is important to discourage burglars. I've got a nice tall fence with a smooth exterior that would be very difficult to get over. Strong gates that are padlocked too. The overwhelming majority of burglars come in through the side or back of a person's home.

And I've got a nice strong security door over my front door, that has two locks on it. And I installed a really strong deadbolt on the door too. So a burglar would have to work real hard to break through my front door, only to then have my alarm go off the moment the door is opened. :D

For anyone that has any significant investment in guns, they owe it to themselves to spend some money on a safe, burglar alarm, and a good fence.

I live in a pretty high crime neighborhood. Lots of burglaries and auto break ins in recent years. There was even a car jacking at gunpoint only 1 block from my home two years ago. Two months ago a white supremacist teenager spray painted profanity on numerous homes and vehicles on my block. I escaped damage, as I keep my vehicle parked inside my garage. But my poor elderly retired next door neighbor had the words N__GER LOVER spray painted across his white Toyota Pickup in big bold letters. Poor guy is such a good decent person and devoted Christian too. The vandalism really upset him a lot.

I'm beginning to think that American society is starting to devolve. So much immorality and lack of respect for other people and the law going on these days. Fortunately, I've got decent neighbors on both sides of me, and we all look out for one another. One is an elderly retired couple, and it is rare for one of them to not be home. The other house next to me has a young family with a stay at home mom with two young kids. So she is home most of the time too.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top