JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@tac Whoa there Mister. I for one, poked no body in the chest with accusations.
Someone needs to chill.
Any hold on opine was based on the first video showing a loose and unpatched rounds ability in being accurate and finding it difficult to understand usable rifleing engagement as such pared with my relative inexperience in the mater and seeking further clarification.
I neither doubted the visuals or rejected anyone's assessment.
If any inference was to be surmised it was for my respect for Andy, I look forward to his offerings as he always expounds the parameters of Black Powder subjects which I'm always most interested in.

@tac Whoa there Mister. I for one, poked no body in the chest with accusations.
Someone needs to chill.
Any hold on opine was based on the first video showing a loose and unpatched rounds ability in being accurate and finding it difficult to understand usable rifleing engagement as such pared with my relative inexperience in the mater and seeking further clarification.
I neither doubted the visuals or rejected anyone's assessment.
If any inference was to be surmised it was for my respect for Andy, I look forward to his offerings as he always expounds the parameters of Black Powder subjects which I'm always most interested in.

It wasn't 'loose'. It was within 1 - 1.5 thousandths of an inch less than the bore. Bullets don't get patched like a ball. I tried to explain that it was the weight of the steel ranging rod that pushed the bullet down the barrel, and no, it doesn't engage the rifling going down, but certainly does on the way out, as you can see from the way that the originally round Lyman bullet has become hexagonal when fired from a hexagonal bore. A Minié bullet works in much the same way. It is between one and two thou of an inch smaller than the bore, to make it easy to load, but expands on firing to fit it.

And by the way, your comment 'this post is worthless', pressed all the wrong buttons for me.

Last Edited:
Here is Doctor Bálasz Németh, Hungarian national champion, world-class BP rifle and pistol champion and so on, shooting the then-new Pedersoli Whitworth rifle with round bullets, in a hexagonal barrel, just like I do, but with rather more success.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top