JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I researched wall/canvass tents for years, looking for best quality for my limited budget. I settled on a Teton Model Spike Tent, from http://www.reliabletent.com/
in Montana. Along with a Scout Cylinder stove, I paid $900 total including shipping. I was not their usual price as it was a sale, but they seem to have such offerings frequently. The tent is the heaviest canvass, marine quality meaning mildew and flame resistant. The biggest aspect of maintaining a tent's quality and life-span is keeping it clean, never putting it away dirty or wet, and have an excellent rain fly. In this last regard, I bought a 20'x30' camouflage tarp of good quality. Cost $100 but well worth it as with it's regular use, including just in the sun, it will be the only component I will have to replace for the foreseeable future. I custom fit it to allow the stove pipe to be used at the same time, as well as provide a lot of room outside the tent that I can cook and keep gear out of the rain as well as completely covering and protecting the tent from the elements. I've had that thing deeply covered in snow, below 0 degrees F, and the stove cruising along all night while sleeping like a baby.
Reliable Tent has some unique designs of wall tents as well as spike tents of all sizes; they're worth looking into. Good customer service as well.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.