JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothin like a half inch of bacon grease in the pan for cookin your eggs. I wonder if a guy could fill the deep fryer with bacon grease:D
At the risk of being punk'd... NO.

Bacon grease will catch fire, it's flashpoint is much lower than vegetable, canola, coconut, etc, oil(s). Deepfry temps will cause a fire or possibly as explosion. If you cook bacon in the oven, as you should, you need to be aware that the splatter is still there even though it's not landing on yer jumbly-bits (or @Caveman Jim 's hair coat). Gotta clean that oven once in awhile and I suggest a wipe-down w oven cleaner BEFORE setting the self-clean function. Even if there's no fire, the smoke will run you out of the house and ruin yer stuff.

I keep bacon grease in a can in the fridge. I use it for cooking all sorts of things instead of butter... run a spoon under some hot water and scoop it out like ice cream. Use all you want cuz there'll be more to replace it.... soon. I even toss a little in the skillet when I brown hamburger... bacon grease kicks hamburger grease's A$$.

Bought groceries this Sunday afternoon guess what we got ... extra? Yep! Thick cut Bacon, Beef Steak Tomatoes, Sourdough bread and iceberg lettuce. I can taste those big BLTs already! Yumm. Yumm. :)

Last Edited:
I'm stunned that nobody has mentioned the BEST way to cook bacon...cast iron skillet!

You guys can keep your oven baked bacon, no thanks.

Once you go black, you'll never go back.

:p

Isn't cooking bacon like natural instinct for men? Don't need no steenking instructions! Like cooking and cleaning is for women. Oops, wife coming, gotta go before she sees this :cool:

I will had to try my hand baking bacon in the oven. Right now I just use a cast iron frying pan to cook bacon. Save the bacon grease and then fry a couple of eggs in bacon grease. Yummy. :D

My mom also cooked side pork for dinner. Just like bacon but no curing or anything, That was tasty too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top